AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr caught that Garaele was disappointed, but the old woman had a habit of not answering questions and took his words as rejection.

His voice was kind and patient, "Sister, Garaele, I did not say that would not help you."

"Until I learn more about these threats to the area from goblins and bandits, I just cannot promise since I have come for a different purpose. But if my quest takes me in the direction of Conyberry, then I shall return to pick up the silver comb to indeed visit the banshee to ask your question."

"However you did not answer my questions about what you intend to use the grimoire for and why the Harper's want it."

mips42

Adventurer
' "Do"? Why study it, of course. Bowgentle was one of the finest mages the Harpers ever sponsored. There could be historical references, unknown spells, elixers, personal notes or who know what else.
'You are right, good dragonborne, you have your own purposes. Be well and I hope to see you again'

Axel

First Post
Brlo had stood silently near the door, arms folded, through the whole exchange. He looked as emotional as a rock, but was rather bemused by the whole exchange.

Castagyr, he's a strange one. I don't know if it's the paladin or the dragon in him that makes him go looking for trouble. Anyone'd think he's trying to right the wrongs of the world all by his lonesome...

Sensing the interview was over, he unfolded his arms and opened the door. "C'mon Castagyr. Ye cannot fix t'world in a day. It be time for some food fresher' rations in any case."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr bid the old woman farewell and left her home with the dwarf.

Once outside, he said, "Brlo, that is twice you have tried to give me advice. I am not claiming a mission to save the world, but we are here for a purpose."

"But as it stands, the tavern is the next likely place to seek information so we might as well go there and take sustenance while we are at it."

"Though, we might have to consider doing something about those Redbrand thugs everyone has mentioned."

Walking across the green, Castagyr was wary of these local hooligans that were mentioned before. He headed towards the Stonehill Inn.

Axel

First Post
"Aye, I could fancy a bite o' fresh food," Brlo replied, walking quickly to keep pace with the far taller dragonborn.

"If yer be offended by m'advice, I be sorry. Y'be forgettin' I been in th'world a few years longer'n you. Sure, we can fight these red bands. But temorro', when we're gone? Who be fightin' em then?" Brlo paused to scratch his neck, absently stroking his beard as he continued.

"People gotta take responsibility for th'community they live in. Y'canna have outsiders always fixin' things up."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr glanced at his dwarven companion as they approached the inn. He kept his voice low, "Tis not that I am seeking to help them with a local problem the town should handle. Not unless they really ask."

"It is just that we might not have much of a choice as we ask around. It could be awkward to refuse their request for help."

"And these thugs could very well be looking for a confrontation whether we seek it or not. Best be prepared, that is all."

Axel

First Post
Brlo glances up at the dragonborn, squinting against the sun that silhouetted him. "Aye, it bein' hard t'say no t'folks 't need'n' help, 'n all."

He pressed on toward the inn, thumping the butt of his staff into the ground with each stride with more vigour than before. "Mebbe we be need'n some allies a'g'in a score. Even o' cowards. Yer seen any likely young lads t'day?"

mips42

Adventurer
You walk across the open space of the town green and into the Stonehill inn. The Inn is fairly open, the timber of the walls scrubbed to a pale yellow, the fieldstone and mortar base in good repair.
In the common room, you can hear someone speaking.

[sblock=Grat's story]
'Before history began, there was nothing. No land, no sea, no air, no stars or moons. All was as empty as this table before me' A small titter ripples across the room. The matron quickly brings a mug, cup and a small plate of food to the table and quickly leaves.
'Then Bahamet and the other goodly Gods looked out over this blackness and commanded light! But no light appeared. The commanded the land, sea and air to form, but they did not. Bahamet himself rose his mighty fist and commanded the stars and moons to exist but, again, the inky blackness stared back at him, unmoved by His commands.
'Then, the dark gods came. Gruumsh, Lolth, Asmodeus and the rest, The dark maiden Tiamat at their front. She said unto them "What ever might the matter be, brothers?"
And they did reply "We wish for a place to have fish and fowl, birds and plants and Men also but it will not form."
'"Ah" said she in her guise as a beautiful maiden with a multi-hued gown, "I know the reason, though it will not please thee."
'The goodly gods did stare at each other in confusion. How could she, the face of wickedness, now something that they did not? They did ask "what is it you know, Queen of Darkness? why will the heavens not answer us?"
'Now, in truth this was because She and the other dark ones had broken the spells of the goodly gods. However, she said unto the Goodly Gods "Why, it is because you are trying to create perfection, of course. No bird nor beast nor man may survive in perfection. He would become lazy and do no thing that was not needed. For Men to survive, they need imperfection."
'The goodly gods looked at each other, this seemed to not make sense and They did say unto Her "Why is this so?"
'"Men," she did reply "cannot be perfect, though you may create them for, in perfection, they become as gossamer and cannot stand even the slightest imperfection. But, in imperfection, men can stand, work and strive. They can hope, dream and call unto You to fulfill them that one thing that would destroy them utterly. And so, in order to bring the stars, moons, lands, seas and men also into being, you require Imperfection. to put it plainly," She said with a grin all of sweetness and malice "You need Us" And she did sweep her arms out to bring her fellow dark gods into the circle with her.
'The goodly gods were sore pressed. They had striven to create and had been denied, seemingly by their own perfection. For a time they did confer and, in the end, did agree to work with Her and the others and, together, did they cause the stars and moons to be. With mere thought did they create the lands, seas, fish and fowl. And finally, did they create the intelligent races. Humans, Elves, Dwarves and all the rest and, in their hears they put the desire for perfection that the goodly gods did shine by example but also did the dark Gods put the capacity for cruelty and greed.
'Finally, when all was complete, the gods did look upon their creation and did bless it, and the world became whole, though a fully imperfect whole.'
[/sblock]

A group of tired and worn-looking people sit and one of the larger tables, still in their armor and devouring plates of delicious smelling food.

OOC: Congrats, You met up with the rest of the party.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr had not seen anyone that was obviously causing trouble hanging out front of the inn. Maybe the Redbrands were not this scourge to the village as they were led to believe. He entered the inn during some bard’s tale… at least he assumed it was a bard relating a tale.

“Well, Brlo. There are some potential hard cases,” he said quietly as he nodded towards the group of them at a larger table. But two of them left their table to join the old story-teller.

“That might be a place to start.”

[sblock=OOC]Should we switch to the new thread, then?[/sblock]

Remove ads