AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr was not pleased about ignoring the mentioned bullies that called themselves the Redbrands, but he had to agree with the dwarf. Of the evils in the world, a little extortion was preferred over killing and pillaging. He could always speak with the Townmaster later.

“Aye, mayhap we should speak with Sister Garaele, Brlo.”

He turned back to the man who mentioned her and asked, “Where might we find her?”

mips42

Adventurer
The old man looks at you, 'maybe you do got more sense than a goose, then. As it happen her place is right across the way there.' He points to a modest building just across the town green from the shrine.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr inclined his head respectfully and replied, “Thank you for your time, sir.”

With the directions given, he departed the shrine and went to the indicated house. He approached and knocked on the front door. Then he called out, “Hello? Sister Garaele? My name is Castagyr, a traveling paladin, and I was hoping you could spare some time to talk with me.”

mips42

Adventurer
From inside the modest house, you hear a soft, lilting voice answer 'A paladin? Just a moment.' From inside you hear a slow, heavy thumping and, a brief moment later, the door opens slightly and you can see the tired face of a middle aged woman with dark brown hair and wearing modest Homespun. 'What would a paladin want from old Garaele, eh?'

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]

Castagyr had his lance grounded and he inclined his head respectfully.

“Pardon the intrusion, ma’am. I was inquiring after some rumors about the region and those at the shrine next door informed me that you recently returned from a trip with an injury.”

“I would like to help, if I could.”
He did have some healing power if necessary.

mips42

Adventurer
'That would likely have been old Narth.' The door opens and you see a somewhat stout woman holding a crude walking stick. 'He means well but is, shall we say, rough around the edges? Please, come in.'
As you enter the simple home, you are see whitewashed walls, scrubbed wood floors and the occasional spot of flowers. In the air there is a light, sweet smell of the plants that dot the space as well as the fading smell of freshly baked bread, reminding you of how long it's been since you ate.
She gestures to a simple trestle table and bench, 'Now what is it that I might help you with?'

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]
Castagyr entered the home, giving Brlo a nod that so far they were doing okay with the woman. Propping his lance against the wall, he took the offered seat on the bench. He ignored his rumbling stomach since he knew he could probably get something to eat soon at the tavern across the street.

“Thank you for your hospitality, Sister.”

“As I was telling the folk next door, we had heard there were troubles with bandits and goblins that the local militia and guards could not handle. Specifically there was telling of someone calling themselves the Spider or Black Spider potentially behind these regional troubles.”

“Given that I was told that you recently returned with an injury, I was wondering if that was related as Narth hinted at. We are seeking more information about such troubles, if you might know.”

mips42

Adventurer
'Well, by now, I'm sure you've seen or heard about the ones running roughshod over the town but, no, this' she indicates her leg 'has nothing to do with that. My own clumsiness really. I wend on a pilgrimage to try and find some information and tripped of a tree root on my way back. I'll be fine in a day or so.
However, if you are what you say you are, I could use some help. You see, I happen to be a member of The Harpers and my superiors tasked me with trying to find the grimoir of a mage called Bowgentle. I've looked everywhere I can think of except one. Near the ruined village of Conyberry lives a creature, a Banshee. It is rumored that, for a price, she will provide an answer to one question. I traveled there and found her home but she would not appear for me, no matter how I tried.
'If you take this silver comb to her lair, I believe that she may appear and, if she does, I would ask that you ask her about the spellbook. It may be the only way I will ever find it.
'If you can get an answer, I can offer a few coins and a few reviving potions as payment.'

perrinmiller

Adventurer

[section]
Init +1, Speed 20
[/sblock]​
[/section]
If Castagyr was disappointed that Garaele was injured from tripping rather than something more nefarious, he certainly did not show it. But having to run an errand for the woman to retrieve something from a banshee was not what he expected. Still, the woman had been friendly enough.

"I suppose I could aid you, Sister. I know not if my quest will take me near Conyberry yet, but when it is time to depart I can certainly come by and pick up the silver comb if our travels will take us in that direction. May I ask what you intend to do with this grimoir and why the Harpers what you to get it?"

Then he changed the subject back to his original question. "Have you heard of any goblin and bandits being troublesome then? What about the Black Spider or Spider leader?"

mips42

Adventurer
At your reply, Garaeles hopeful expression fades. 'I don't know anything about a spider, other than the ones in my garden. As for Goblins, they're always around, usually in the hills. They're kind of cowardly, you know. Unless they outnumber you. As for bandits? Just the local ones. Maybe check with some of the locals at the inn, that's usually a good place for rumors and such.' She stands and grabs her crude stick 'now, if you'll pardon me, I have dinner to prepare.'

Remove ads