MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

Axel

First Post
"I'm glad to hear it, master Dwarf. My talents have not extended themselves to driving carts. It does not look terribly difficult. Rather......messy though. I have always managed to find more useful things to learn."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I don't think we should linger. We can rest some on the cart and we can hopefuly make the town proper before dark."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus walks alongside the wagon as they continue on toward Phandalin, and lets Vottr drive the team of oxen, because he thinks he recalls that Vottr claimed to be trained for the task. Eddicus carefully doesn't mention the fighter's uncle Gundren at this time, unless one of the others does.

OOC: What time of day is it? The party was trying to take a long rest for the night, but did so inside the goblin cave and didn't complete their long rest because of guards and prisoner and "feeding" the dogs. Is it now daylight the next day? I would think the party will wait for daylight before driving the wagon onward to Phandalin.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: If it is still the same afternoon, I'd take at most short rest (for healing) and then push to Phandalin

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: OOH I know about moving across state. done it twice. Glad to hear all is well and welcome back!

'Gundren? Last I saw him he was fighting goblins like me. I know no more than that.' He points at Leonan 'That fellow said that one of the group was taken to the main hideout, somewhere northeast of the cave, and another got away. I'm hoping it was Gundren that got away but, I've no way of knowing.
'I'm sure Gundren told you that he and his brothers, Tharden and Nundro, were looking for the entrance to Wave Echo Cave. Well, Gundren had a map showing the location of the cave they were exploring. I'm sure he also told you that clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelver’s Pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wondrous cavern known as Wave Echo Cave. In addition to its mineral wealth, the mine contained great magical power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge called the Forge of Spells, where magic items could be crafted. Times were good, and the nearby human town of Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when orcs swept through the North and laid waste to all in their path.
'A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo Cave to seize its riches and magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave-ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost.
'Once we get to Phandalin, I recommend staying at Stonehill inn. I know the proprietor and they'll treat us well. I also know a wizard, Iarno by name, that may have heard about Gundren or know who would.
'We should move with speed my fine fellows. I've seen quite enough of this forest trail for quite a while.'

Remove ads