• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Misheard Song Lyrics

Atavar

First Post
What are your favorite misheard song lyrics?

Here is one of mine:

"Totally blitzed by a fart" (Total eclipse of the heart)

Later,

Atavar

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'm not sure one can beat Manfred Man's rendition of 'Blinded by the Light'. Aside from the obvious one, it also contains my favorite gem.

- A little birdy-wirdy gave my anus curly whirly -

which of course should be:

- And little Early Pearly came by in his curly-wurly -

Which makes FAR more sense.

:erm:

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I remember one of my friends and I heard this song once and we thought it was awesome cause in the chorus there was a part that we thought said "Donkey Kong, every day" and were so happy Donkey was in a song. Later we found out it was "Dog eat dog, every day" and the song just wasn't the same anymore.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
One of the weirdest ones I ever heard was when Falco's "Amadeus" was pretty big on the radio. The younger brother of a classmate of mine was in the boy's locker room singing "I'm an elf, I'm an elf" rather than "Amadeus, Amadeus".
Nice kid. Not exactly intellectual, though.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
When I was still a crib bound boy, there was this song that would come over the radio that I would sing that wrong lyrics to. I'd sing "He's so shy" and years later my mom told me it was "Disco Shy".

There is a site The Archive of Misheard Lyrics - KissThisGuy.com which has an archive of these - of course it references the line from Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" /Excuse me while I kiss the sky/ wrong. Jimi heard that so many people screwed up that lyric that eventually he would sing that line point to Noel Redding (his bassist) and kiss him. (I've actually seen video footage of this, it's quite humorous.)

LogicsFate

First Post
"Hold me closer, Tony Danzah"(Tiny Dancer)

"Daisy Train"(Lazy Days, sung my all male chorus)

"Wrapped up like a *cough*" Revved up like a deuce.

Pussycat Dolls newest song sounds more like " I want boobies" instead of groupies.

there are many more but my brain is misfiring right now.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was one of 3 metalheads sitting at a round table in our college's cafeteria when the (then) new KISS song started playing over the PA system- it was tuned to a local rock station, so this wasn't a surprise or anything.

2 of us thought it was catchy if a bit light, and started singing along with the chorus..."We want money!" and making comments about how they were at least being honest.

The third headbanger- at the time, a freelancer for Kerrang! magazine- replied "You dummies! The line is "Read my body!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads