• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mission: Stealthy Confiscation

Inez Hull

First Post
Count me in Xael. You say the setting will be like James Bond, but in what sort of way? From what I've read it sounds like merc's doing covert op's. Is there also the schmoozing and seducing side of Bond? Will the characters have a 'licence to kill' or be working illegally? If the game is more mercenary I'm thinking of playing a Ranger/Rogue with skills focused more on sneaking and information gathering than on thieving.

Xael

First Post
Inez Hull said:
Count me in Xael. You say the setting will be like James Bond, but in what sort of way? From what I've read it sounds like merc's doing covert op's. Is there also the schmoozing and seducing side of Bond? Will the characters have a 'licence to kill' or be working illegally? If the game is more mercenary I'm thinking of playing a Ranger/Rogue with skills focused more on sneaking and information gathering than on thieving.

Maybe this is going more to the covert op's direction now that I'm thinking it. The characters would be working illegally. The seducing side might be hard to do, as I have already trouble trying to think of a mission, where one could use stealth as well as charisma.

Basically the game is: "Go there and get that Diamond of Super-Demon-Binding from the mega-mansion of the evil red wizard."

I hope this doesn't bother you Timothy, but I'm just not very good at making social interactions (or at least mixing them with stealth/action).

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Sounds fine Xael, but if we're mercenary thieves who will we be working for? ourselves, a thieves guild, a government body?

I've thought a bit more about a character, he was a rogue that dealt mainly with "information" but has now added martial and wilderness skills to become a bounty hunter. Prolly a Rgr 5/ Rog 3 with humans for his favoured enemy. Alignment will likely be N - very much a pragmatist and moral relativisit.

Where abouts in the realms will the game be set? I've never played pencil and paper in the realms but I've played CRPG's and used supplements based there.

Timothy

First Post
Well, I totally understand that it's difficult, I think it is oo, when I DM. But I'll stick around anyway, just going more for a dungeon-crawl rogue

Xael

First Post
You would be working for a bunch of (3) retired adventurers, who get the missions for you. They are the "supervisors". They have 2 groups to do the jobs, and you are the second group.

I'm thinking about starting somewhere in Cormyr, as there are lots of Noble manors around.

At the beginning of the game your characters would already have joined the "organisation", but would really know only what it basically does.

And I'll probably start with very, very simple mission, as this is the first game that I GM on boards. If everything works out fine, I can always put that huge stronghold complex somewhere...

Last edited:

Remove ads