[MM2e] Salton City Needs Heroes! Episode 1: Premiere

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Doh! How could I miss that... Self-recrimination.)

Keiko hurries to the front desk and locks eyes with the receptionist. "There's a fire upstairs. Call emergency services at once. We'll try to get the people out."

She looks over her shoulder at the others and nods. "Upstairs!"

Then she heads for the nearest staircase to do as she said.

jkason

First Post
Max Freedman: Dord

Max takes to Keiko's heels, scanning for any signs of an extinguisher or a (possibly malfunctioning) sprinkler system.

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Ten-Foot Pole shrugs slightly as the others go rushing into the home, and walks over to the offending window, reaching up and waving a hand in front of it as he calls up.

"Hello, anyone in there?"

[sblock=ooc]Probably can't quite see inside without standing on my tip toes, but I'm pretty close. 8 ft for the first story, 2 ft up on the 2nd floor.[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Beatrice Zbornak's Residence, Interior Bottom Floor.
Kitsune rushed toward the stairs, followed by Dord and Sven. "There's a fire upstairs. Call emergency services at once. We'll try to get the people out."

The receptionist glances up from her magazine then gives Kitsune a blank look. " If you say so." As soon as the three are out of sight, the receptionist continues reading her magazine.

Mr TV enters the residence. "Why aren't you calling?"

The receptionist shrugged. "Why should I? What harm can a bunch of old hippies do?"

Beatrice Zbornak's Residence, Interior Second Floor.
As group continued their maddening dash up the stairs, the muffled sounds of 60s psychodelic rock became pronounced along with the bitter smelling smoke that is seeped from under on of the closed doors. Dord immediately recognized the smell, and so would Kitsune if her gas mask did not filter out the fumes. To the Viking the smoke reminded him or mud and sage.

The Viking approached the door and began to knock....

MEANWHILE, OUTSIDE...
The Ten Foot Pool glances inside the second story window. Through the cracked window he could hear the sounds of muffled 60s psychedelic music and he could smell the smoke's distinctively bitter smell, and is relieved that he decided to look into the window before entering into the house.

THEN, INSIDE....
The room's old wooden door broke off its hinge and fell into the room, sending a large puff of marijuana smoke out the window's crack into The Ten Foot Pole's face before causing the cloud to blow back and roll past Kitsune, Dord, and the Viking.

Ten Foot Pole: Fort 1d20+6=21 vs 13 ---> Success!
Viking: Fort 1d20+6=10 vs. 13 ---> Fail
Dord: Fort 1d20+6=12 vs. 13 ---> Fail

The Viking found himself starting to feel extremely calm.... and hungry. Dord found himself starting to feel euphoric.

When the smoke cleared, everyone is able it see three senior citizens sitting on the floor surrounding a hookah. Beatrice Zbornak is among the group, and she is currently laughing hysterically in a stoned dazed..

jkason

First Post
Max Freedman: Dord

Max tapped Keiko on the shoulder, saying, "I don't think that's a fire. I think that's--"

Right about then, the thick cloud hit him.

"Woah," he said, shrinking about a foot and smiling. "Yeah definitely not a fire. Wow that stuff's strong."

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Ten-Foot Pole takes a step back as the smoke rolls out of the window. His nose twitches slightly, but he seems otherwise unaffected. It does however trigger memories of a particular vacation ...

"Amsterdam? ..."

He nods sagely and looks sheepish for a moment.

"Grandmothers these days."

Disaster clearly not imminent, he makes his way inside to join the others.

"Well, I guess this is why her meeting was postponed."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Øøh. Dank yü. Sven says and helps himself to the offered pastry. Yü nej hav iscrem? He asks right before stuffing his face with the treat.

Remove ads