[MM2e] Salton City Needs Heroes! Episode 1: Premiere

Shayuri

First Post
Keiko stood there, transfixed by disbelief for a long moment...then started to laugh. Even through the mask of her costume, she could smell the faint hint of the little brown rolls herbal scent. The kami must be angry, she thought to herself, for sending her a neverending barrage of complications to so ordinary an investigation.

"We'd like to talk to Beatrice," she said, projecting an image of herself without a costume on around herself.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - No...when 'on duty' she usually wears her costume for its protective value, but generally keeps an appearance of normalcy until she needs her illusions for something else. She doesn't like the attention that walking down the street in a black bodysuit and kitsune mask draws unless it's on her own terms. :))

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yü nej hav iscrem?

"I scream? You scream... we all have ice cream!" The old men begin to laugh as the Viking ate the strange tasting brownie.

An old man opened his eyes and began to stare at the Ten Foot Pole, "Dude I'm freaking out man... that guy.. he's stretching!"

"We'd like to talk to Beatrice." Keiko states.

Beatrice glanced at the Salton Stars before taking a deep hit from her hookah then began to speak "What would you like to talk about?"

jkason

First Post
Max Freedman: Dord

Beatrice glanced at the Salton Stars before taking a deep hit from her hookah then began to speak "What would you like to talk about?"

Max frowns a minute, apparently having difficulty remembering, then snaps his fingers.

"The mayor's office. Were you in there? Maybe with a knife? Or--oh! did you have any blackouts in the last few days?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"The mayor's office. Were you in there? Maybe with a knife? Or--oh! did you have any blackouts in the last few days?"

Beatrice thinks for a moment. "Well... It's funny that you mention blacking out. I've been having a strange trip all since noon. Some nice girl gave me a hit and since then I've been having a very lucid daydream... It sort of reminds me of a vision quest I had back during the 60s."

Shayuri

First Post
Keiko pounced on that, the notion providing her momentarily free-spinning brain with something concrete to seize upon.

"Do you remember the girl?" Keiko asked. "What she looked like? Where and when she gave you the joint?" She added hopefully, "Do you happen to have any of the joint -left- by any chance? It's very important."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Do you remember the girl?" Keiko asked. "What she looked like? Where and when she gave you the joint?"

"I remember. I was in the women's room at City Hall and there was an gorgeous young blond who was wearing some cheap perfume and was dressed like a floozy there. When I came in, she about to light up so I stopped her and mentioned it's against the law and that there was a cop outside of the women's room. She must have been a foreigner 'cause she had one of those strange seductive Eastern European accents you always hear in a James Bond movie. Anyway, she said she didn't know about the law and asked me to take her where she could smoke, which I did and that's where it all starts getting a bit fuzzy." Beatrice paused for a moment. "I remember getting flirty and her whispering something to me. I'm not sure of what happened after that, but I do know that eventually I ended up getting a Popsicle from that one Mexican with the ice cream cart."

"Do you happen to have any of the joint -left- by any chance? It's very important."

"Yeah, it is important.." Beatrice glanced to one of the old men. "Will, pass the blunt to the girl." The old man took a half spent joint out of an ashtray and passed it to Kitsune.

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune gingerly took the proferred thing, a little grossed out to touch something that had been in these people's mouths and shared around. Hopefully her gloves would shield her from the worst of the contagions until she could scrub the skin off her fingers back at the pad.

"And this is the same one you got from the woman in the ladies room?" she asked dubiously. "You've been smoking the same one all day?"

Remove ads