Moderator's Reminder: Keep things civil [EDIT: UPDATED BY MORRUS - FINAL WARNING]

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I know a lot of people are upset, but please do not lash out at others who have differing opinions.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Passion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to 3-day vacations from the boards."

The big note is that the moderators/admins do not care about whether statements are factually accurate--we are not a fact-checking organization. We care that even when people disagree, they can keep a civil face to the discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Dinkeldog said:
I know a lot of people are upset, but please do not lash out at others who have differing opinions.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Passion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to 3-day vacations from the boards."

The big note is that the moderators/admins do not care about whether statements are factually accurate--we are not a fact-checking organization. We care that even when people disagree, they can keep a civil face to the discussion.

Thouht he said this:
yoda20on20weed.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, guys, please take note.

I've had emails from multiple WotC employees who have said thay want to post here about the current situaiton, but given the current climate they don't feel like being fed to the wolves. I'm sure you'll all agree that we'd love to hear what they have to say.

In addition, the civility-meter has exploded due to the general rudeness people are exhibiting towards each other. The reported posts list looks more like a tidal wave than the usual 3-4 per day trickle.

Clearly, we need to put our [collective] foot down. This means the following: in instances where we would normally post a warning, we will, for the time being, issue an immediate 3-day ban. Where we would normally issue a 3-day ban, we'll issue a month ban. In addition, we will not take the time to email you about this: you'll find out when you try to post. We don't have the time to deal with every transgressor individually when, frankly, we're looking at dozens of you.

You are welcome to express your opinion. But you will do so in a civil manner. You have created a situation where the designers of the very game you profess to love are reluctant to talk to you.

Please consider this a final warning. And if you don't see this post because you choose not to read moderator warnings, then, hey, it sucks to be you!

Glad to hear it. A cooling off period could be very helpful.

And I'd love to hear a few hints from WotC employees about this on line thing.

Remove ads