Moderator's Reminder: Keep things civil [EDIT: UPDATED BY MORRUS - FINAL WARNING]

Blastin

First Post
Nightfall said:
Blast,

I don't have anyone but I DID honestly consider it for a second.

Then I realize I was going to ban Hussar and I was "No!! He's a Scarred Lands man!"

So sense and sanity overcame me. ;)

I was actually quite shocked at some of these posts. People like me come in and tell how we feel about the loss of two magazines we grew up with and then others get on and slam us. In one post in particular I remember calling people a narcissist . nice.
I agree that some of the statements were over the top, and the calls for boycott are a bit much, but not all of us said such things. Some of us just came here to post our genuine feelings as part of a group mourning process. I know I felt better by reading the majority of posts that restated (many times in much more eloquent wording) my very feelings.
Then there were the one's that seemed to take this as an opportunity to slam others for their opinions. I have no problems putting those people on my ignore list. If what they wrote in the past few days is what can be expected from them, than I would rather not see it.
'course, they could have done the same thing with the posters they thought were overreacting, instead of insulting them.
I am very glad that Morris and the rest of the mods are gonna try and reign everyone in.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Blastin,

Agreed I think being reigned in is necessary so that we can preserve our community in the face of what has become a great emotional impact.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Kheti sa-Menik said:
Tell the traitorous scumbags we don't want them here. We read their pathetic ramblings on that "We are sad to see the mags go but there's something cooler in store! But we can't tell you anything about it! But it's cool, trust us!" statement on WOTC's website. They've had more than enough time to give their opinion. Tell Slavicsek, Rouse, and their band of WOTC yes-men that these boards are for people who love and respect the game, not those who seek to backstab it for a few bucks.

What you just said to me is "Russ, I have no intention of respecting the conditions under which you allow me to post on your website, including the very clear one I just replied to".

The moderator who saw this gave you a three day ban. However, I'm making that permanent.

Folks, let me be clear: your permission to post on this website is dependent upon you respecting the conditions laid down by the person who owns it. It's that simple. You don't agree, go to another website.

Kheti sa-Menik, please do not use my website again.

Last edited:

Remove ads