• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moderator's Reminder: Keep things civil [EDIT: UPDATED BY MORRUS - FINAL WARNING]

Jemal

Adventurer
Morrus said:
OK, guys, please take note.

I've had emails from multiple WotC employees who have said thay want to post here about the current situaiton, but given the current climate they don't feel like being fed to the wolves. I'm sure you'll all agree that we'd love to hear what they have to say.

In addition, the civility-meter has exploded due to the general rudeness people are exhibiting towards each other. The reported posts list looks more like a tidal wave than the usual 3-4 per day trickle.

Clearly, we need to put our [collective] foot down. This means the following: in instances where we would normally post a warning, we will, for the time being, issue an immediate 3-day ban. Where we would normally issue a 3-day ban, we'll issue a month ban. In addition, we will not take the time to email you about this: you'll find out when you try to post. We don't have the time to deal with every transgressor individually when, frankly, we're looking at dozens of you.

You are welcome to express your opinion. But you will do so in a civil manner. You have created a situation where the designers of the very game you profess to love are reluctant to talk to you.

Please consider this a final warning. And if you don't see this post because you choose not to read moderator warnings, then, hey, it sucks to be you!

I for one think it would be a good idea for them to come here, but I also agree that there are a lot of people here ticked of at WOTC for various reasons, and maybe they have a right to be... 'nervous'.
For my part, I'd like to apologize, as I know that at least a few of those 'reported posts' have been mine (though those were personal disagreements with other posters, not anything to do with wizco), and i think I'm over the 'stressed out and lashing out' phase of my life. Sorry for my bad behaviour in the past, and thanks for giving me (And most of us) another chance.

Also,
kheti said:
Tell the traitorous scumbags we don't want them here. We read their pathetic ramblings on that "We are sad to see the mags go but there's something cooler in store! But we can't tell you anything about it! But it's cool, trust us!" statement on WOTC's website. They've had more than enough time to give their opinion. Tell Slavicsek, Rouse, and their band of WOTC yes-men that these boards are for people who love and respect the game, not those who seek to backstab it for a few bucks.

Actually, these boards are for ALL gamers, and anyone 'the boss' decides to allow. As of today, that apparently is not you, and with a display of disrespect (To both our mods AND Wizco) like that, I'm glad of it. It's ok to disagree (Vehemently, even) with people, but at least we should try to retain a modicum of respect while doing it.

Last edited:

Remove ads