• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monopoly d20 -- multiclass my thimble?

Driddle

First Post
Got a problem, need your input: Our gaming group's BankMaster holds a pretty strict interpretation of the original rule set and has said he won't let my thimble multiclass unless he spends at least three turns in jail for preparation. And even after I gain a level of clothes iron, he says, the skill set for GREEN PROPERTIES is still HANDS-OFF!

Should I just give up, commit bankruptcy and start a new character (terrier class!), or try to argue the issue with your excellent advice to back up my position?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Should I just give up, commit bankruptcy and start a new character (terrier class!), or try to argue the issue with your excellent advice to back up my position?

Why are you playing a game where you can't have the kind of fun you want?! Life's too short for that stuff. Go play Chutes and Ladders instead (they've got more flexible mutliclassing rules, because there's not a whole lot of difference between Yellow Pawn and Green Pawn), or Trouble. Or if you really want a change of pace, Poker. You don't even need a BankMaster for some of these games (such an archaic, unnessecary role!).

Heck, if you've got a stick and a rock, go play basesball. I know, some people feel dumb running around a field swinging at rocks and pretending to be Babe Ruth or John DiMaggio, but it's at least worth a try.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
Why are you going for an iron/thimble multiclass anyway? Spindle/thimble gives better skills synergy.

Hrm.

If you're set on the iron/thimble thing & your DM insists on jail prep, see if you can get another player to let a green property go up for auction. It's RAW (though not often used), & offers you a core way to get some of the green properties skill set. I'd also be sure to pick up a good power company feat early on; it won't pay off right away, but the dividends add up.

I think if you're going to spend three turns in jail, you may as well save up skill points for the Blue Properties. Yeah, they're expensive and require a huge outlay of XP (eXtra building on Property) to build up, but the chance for a Critical roll being made near your Blues is worth it.

Also, don't overlook the surprising Blue/Purple combo. It may seem strange at first, but you'll increase the Hits your opponents take when they try to Combat your strategy.

Fieari

Explorer
Personally, I'd just go Terrier, but then, I've always been a fan of straight Terrier myself. No need for multiclassing at all, and all sorts of awesomeness is found.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Snapdragyn said:
Why are you going for an iron/thimble multiclass anyway? Spindle/thimble gives better skills synergy.

Because Iron / Thimble multiclass is the only way to get the necessary prerequisites for the Guy on a Horse prestige class, and it's two-thirds of the necessary advancement for the Race Car prestige. (He'd still need at least a level of Terrier to get there though)

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Kamikaze Midget said:
Heck, if you've got a stick and a rock, go play basesball. I know, some people feel dumb running around a field swinging at rocks and pretending to be Babe Ruth or John DiMaggio, but it's at least worth a try.
The OP wants real role playing advice, not LARP shenanigans. Sheesh.

Remove ads