Monster Builder (the non-online one) gets a patch!

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Just be careful if you like RPGA monsters as the update removes them (according to a few users on Wizards site)

They also confirmed that the issues with editing a monster and triggers disappearing remains, and the recharge power problems continue.

So it's an update for WotC... but not an update for the users.

And why delete the RPGA content anyway? That makes no sense. (@ renau1g: I just want to stress that I am no asking these questions of you.)

renau1g

First Post
The RPGA isn't "sanctioned" by WotC and for whatever reason they want it gone now (the last update to the CB (offline) removed the items from there also).

I can't comment on how the update actually is. I won't update it if I lose the RPGA monsters (even if there is some duplication)

Truename

First Post
The RPGA isn't "sanctioned" by WotC and for whatever reason they want it gone now (the last update to the CB (offline) removed the items from there also).

I can't comment on how the update actually is. I won't update it if I lose the RPGA monsters (even if there is some duplication)

I personally found the RPGA stuff to be unwanted noise. My guess is that they're removing it to cut down on information overload, not for any nefarious reason.

I dunno what bugs they fixed, but I used the Monster Builder for about 3 hours last night without a single crash. That NEVER would have been possible before.

Zaran

Adventurer
Joshua Randall said:
I dunno what bugs they fixed, but I used the Monster Builder for about 3 hours last night without a single crash. That NEVER would have been possible before.

What about the recharge bug?

the Jester

Legend
Just be careful if you like RPGA monsters as the update removes them (according to a few users on Wizards site)

They also confirmed that the issues with editing a monster and triggers disappearing remains, and the recharge power problems continue.

So did they say what they DID fix?

avin

First Post
I ran to this topic in hope of something good... as usual, WIzards of the Coast let me down.

Looks like an Epic Fail Update.

To be honest, what's going to kill DDI for me is not CB online... it's MB online... I won't be able to work on my games during my work trips.

the Jester

Legend
To be honest, what's going to kill DDI for me is not CB online... it's MB online... I won't be able to work on my games during my work trips.

Yeah, as a dm a good working MB is the biggest draw DDI offers me.

Except that the MB doesn't work, and this update looks more and more like a devil's choice- fix a few minor bugs and lose a bunch of content, or leave it in its half-assed current state.

Aargh, why can't WotC see that a real, genuine, good-faith update that doesn't screw with anything we already have is what they need to push out? More "updates" that remove options are going to continue to fan the flames, deserved or not, of subscriber discontent.

Remove ads