Monster Manual III Errata

Shade

Monster Junkie
I think they could solve the bulk of their problems by 1.) ditching the multiple creatures per entry tables (they always have some sort of formatting problem) and 2.) being more careful with cut n' paste.

Mortis

First Post
Whilst I was adding the monsters to a very rudementary database I came across a few more...

Brood Keeper is given a poison attack but no poison details

Changeling in the organisation section '5th level' is repeated for the elder

Changeling Spy this may be deliberate but Minor Shape Change becomes Shape Change

Bloodstriker Powerful Charge attack should have a +2 bonus for charging

Fleshraker Attack says 'and poison' instead of the usual 'plus poison'

Dragon Eel Powerful Charge attack should have a +2 bonus for charging

Dread Blossom Swarm in the organisation section Pair is given a (2-4) range

Gerviar No attack given for Improved Natural Attack

Now I may be wrong here because CR's are not an exact science but...

Eldritch Giant Confessor CR should be 26 (15+11 class levels) also it's alignment is given as just Neutral Evil, no always, often or usual.

Glastig again a bit pedantic but in damage it states 'and poison' instead of the usual 'plus poison'

Gulgar Powerful Charge attack should have a +2 bonus for charging

Thats as far as I've got for now.

Regards,
Mortis

Knight Otu

First Post
Mortis said:
Eldritch Giant Confessor CR should be 26 (15+11 class levels)
Looks like the non-associated class levels rule to me.

SRD; Improving Monsters said:
Nonassociated Class Levels
If you add a class level that doesn’t directly play to a creature’s strength the class level is considered nonassociated, and things get a little more complicated. Adding a nonassociated class level to a monster increases its CR by 1/2 per level until one of its nonassociated class levels equals its original Hit Dice. At that point, each additional level of the same class or a similar one is considered associated and increases the monster’s CR by 1.
Levels in NPC classes are always treated as nonassociated.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
However, the lumi crusader's CR is wrong. If cleric is an associated class (it is) and fighter is a non-associated class, it should be CR 9 (2+6 cleric +2/2 for fighter). If fighter is an associated class, it should be CR 10. The lumi crusader is CR 8.

Demiurge out.

Mortis

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Looks like the non-associated class levels rule to me.
Good point, I have, however, found a 'few' more.

Living spells Dictum, Holy Word and Word of Chaos need alignments (educated guess these would be LN, NG and CN respectively).

Elite Demon War Mount alignment only given as chaotic neutral, no often, usual or always (unless it's unique?)

Necronaut Improved Natural Weapon instead of Improved Natural Attack

Quaraphon + Quaraphon Bully Improved Natural Weapon instead of Improved Natural Attack

Protean Scourge Should have a +2 bonus to attack for powerful charge

Roper, Prismatic No duration for paralysis

Salt Mummy Improved Natural Weapon instead of Improved Natural Attack

Seryulin Environment given as Underground instead of aquatic

Ssvaklar Again the improved natural wepon problem plus no duration for paralysis

Triceratops Topiary Guardian missing the +2 bonus to attack for powerful charge.

War Troll Type given as monstrous humanoid not giant, although I think this may be deliberate to bolster it's combat effectiveness. (full HD for attack bonus rather than 3/4).

Thats all for now.

Regards,
Mortis

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, I agree with the nonassociated levels being correct for the eldritch giant confessor, but incorrect for the lumi crusader.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I added some more and compiled what we've got so far. I didn't include the +2 charge bonus for Powerful Charge, since I'm not sure if they intended that to be included (since the AC line doesn't reflect a -2 when charging). Its probably something they should have mentioned in the combat text though, along the lines of what they did with monsters that use Power Attack.

Remove ads