Monster spawned by a typo

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
This typo in a recent thread got me thinking...

Hussar said:
...the equivalent of a lynch mop murdering someone.

Lynch Mop - the evil in the closet, next to the Flying Broom.

LYNCH MOP
Evil Construct
HD 3
AC 18 (or 2 in AD&D), natural, dexterity 17
Attacks: 1
Morale: perfect, always fights until destroyed
Intelligence: marginal, enough only to detect its creator and other Lynch Mops (neither of which will it ever attack) and other creatures (which it will always attack)
Move: 40' (18")
Damage: d6 bludgeoning
Special attacks:
~ ~ ~ pack tactics - a Lynch Mop gains 1 HD, +1 to hit, and 5 h.p. for every other functional Lynch Mop within 50'
~ ~ ~ two or more Lynch Mops attacking the same opponent always give each other flanking
~ ~ ~ water spray - a Lynch Mop near an available source of at least one gallon of water can soak up and spray that water in a 180-degree arc, all within 10' must save or be blinded for 1 round; this is a full-round action
Special defenses:
~ ~ ~ immune to poison, cold, sleep, gas, paralysis, stunning, blinding, deafness, and all mental effects.
~ ~ ~ cannot be restrained, grappled, or held except by its creator.
~ ~ ~ vulnerable to fire unless wet.
~ ~ ~ 5 point bonus to AC vs. all missile attacks
Special abilities:
~ ~ ~ does not need air, water or sustenance in order to survive

Originally constructed as an accidental effect by a rather unstable wizard named Kalliandre Kimenestra, the original creator of the Lynch Mop realized she had made a significant discovery...once she recovered from the beating administered by said Lynch Mop...and set about trying to replicate what she had done, only in a manner less dangerous to herself. She succeeded, and went on to become very wealthy through selling her design to other wizards; some of whom went on to refine her design and add the pack tactics. Construction of a Lynch Mop requires a mop, on which are cast in sequence Enchant An Item, Golem, and Animate Dead over a 24-hour period. Not less than 3000 g.p. of fine gold dust must be included in the casting of Golem; this dust is sprinkled over the mop and - if the spell is successful - absorbed by it.

A Lynch Mop can be given no orders or instructions whatsoever. On completion of the spell sequence it animates and then acts as noted above. Note that construction of a Lynch Mop is generally considered a non-Good act.

Lan-"have fun, everyone; and thanks [MENTION=22779]Hussar[/MENTION] !"-efan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The terrifying offspring of Jay Z (a.k.a. “Mr. Beyoncé”):

And a gazebo:

310px-Victorian_Gazebo.jpg

I’m thinking it should present adventurers with 99 problems.

Lylandra

Adventurer
I'm sure we once had someone talk about a Drowager (which could be a time-based monster whose favourite prey is drow)

My mother language is also very creative with "Lich"es and one of my players is constantly making Lich puns. We even got a city nearby called Lich and a beer called Licher.

I

Immortal Sun

Considering where the term "lynch mob" comes from, literally people getting together to hang someone, I feel like the mop needs some kind of "strangle" ability.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Ohhh, I thought we were taking Monster Manual entries and turning them into typos. Like, the Link Dog, the Animated Word, the Ore Mage, the Juan-ti, the Ettercrap, the Gibbering Mother, the Invisible Talker, and of course, the Assimar.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ohhh, I thought we were taking Monster Manual entries and turning them into typos. Like, the Link Dog, the Animated Word, the Ore Mage, the Juan-ti, the Ettercrap, the Gibbering Mother, the Invisible Talker, and of course, the Assimar.

You mean, the Assismore.
kim-kardashian-2.jpg
giphy.gif

Remove ads