D&D 5E More about the Warlock. L&L March 3

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
people keep going on about warlocks being full casters, so I necroed this thread to see if people might have forgotten this article.

for 10 levels you only have 2 spells, they are of a good useable level, and recharge in a short rest though, then for the last 10 levels you get 2 more but the spell levels stay at 5th level until the end game when they level up to 6th...

So at 20th level a wizard has 4/4/4/4/4/1/1/1/1 for spells per day and the warlock has 0/0/0/0/0/4 but can recharge... how does that equal out?

Don't forget the warlock also has invocations that he can use at-will, and are supposed to be quite a bit more powerful than cantrips. I don't really see how one couldn't consider the warlock to be a full caster. Everything it does is magic.

1of3

Explorer
I don't really see how one couldn't consider the warlock to be a full caster. Everything it does is magic.

That depends on what you consider a full caster. That's the whole point why people are arguing about this.

I think most people consider "full-caster" the same as "uses 9th level spells" or "casts as many spells as a wizard does". Those two already have different implications. Because the only character - in the playtest - who casts as many spells as a Wizard is a Land Druid.

It's usually more useful not to use jargon and buzzwords but to describe the notion.

Remove ads