• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mortal Kombat!!

Shayuri

First Post
"Of cou..." Macrisse begins to respond, then looks at the newcomer warily.

"Your...malady is unusual, to say the least. Though you approach in peace, which speaks highly of you. What is your name, warrior? I am called Macrisse. This fellow is Caltrop the Odd, who has won his first victory already."

the creature seems taken back, a little ashamed actualy. While it answers, it does so hesitently.

"Ah... Forgive my answer, but to pronounce my name I would have to rip out your tongue. So to prevent any unplesentness please call me Bob."

Darimaus

First Post
"This seems to be quite the troupe we are putting together here. I have no objections to your presensce creature, though I must say that we should be off soon. This tournament won't wait for us."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
As the 2 dragons and the...creature converse, they are interupted.
"Indeed not" Speaks a tall, dark skinned man as he walks up, flashing a set of fangs at them. "I have a suggestion for you. Do not go north." He sweeps a hand behind him, revealing two more vampires. "We will claim the north, you can have any other direction you wish, but if you come north we will be forced to destroy you. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you in the finals." And then, with a slight nod of his head, he turns and walks away, not waiting for or responding to any answer.

Out in the wilderness, Tehrazhon's dark cloud floats ominously after the orcs, though they are escaping at all speed, not wanting their first fight to be against this dark cloud.

Rino

First Post
Jemal said:
(You won Init. ALso.. er.. Why do you only do +5 damage on a crit?)

OOC: oeps

Iapetus launches a full attack with his blade on his enemy.

[sblock=to hit]
attack 1: 60
attack 2:71 (crit confirm: 68)
attack 3:52
attack 4: 64 (crit confirm:58)
attack 5: 51
attack 6: 43(rolled a 1)
attack 7: 40
attack 8:43
[/sblock]
[sblock=damage]
1: 26
2: 31 (on crit hit: fort dc 36 or die and 27)
3:31
4: 30 (on crit hit: fort dc 36 or die and 29)
5:30
6:28
7:28
8:28
[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Azrim heads north towards the meeting place interested in joining forces with the two others. On they way he takes note of the battles around him but is content to leave well enough alone for now.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Lordraven]Azrim arrives at a beautiful grove marked by a small bubbling pond in the center, beside which stands the ancient man from earlier, who speaks in a strong yet aged voice. "Good day, Protector, and thank you for coming. Yes, I know who you are, that is Why I arranged for you to be here. I must apologize, I know you had things to do back on your plane, but the Shalm gave me permission to borrow you. We may speak freely in this clearing, it is the one protected place on this island, though if we stay too long, they will wonder why they cannot find us. Fortunately right now though, They will be distracted by all the others. There is much to discuss. You know now what is goign on here.. or at least what they CLAIM is going on here. What you do not know is that this island.. this demiplane was once the home of an infamous and powerful vampiric deity, who has long since dissapeared. A few centuries ago, this tournament came into being, and not even the gods know WHO is running it, or the true reason why. All we know is that unnatural things are going on here, and that the balance is being sorely disrupted. Will you help us discover what is going on?"[/sblock]

Iapetus lands 5 solid blows on his opponent, slicing flesh and rending bits of the armour, though he does not manage to drop the sturdy knight, and once the original onslaught has played itself out, the Knight seems to be grounded and ready to return the favour, swinging his axe with startling speed. He manages to connect three times out of 7 attacks though each is more powerful of a blow than those struck by Iapetus. (120 damage total).

OOC: I believe I asked before, but if not, I'll ask again : please everybody include your AC and HP in all combat posts.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=Lordraven]Azrim arrives at a beautiful grove marked by a small bubbling pond in the center, beside which stands the ancient man from earlier, who speaks in a strong yet aged voice. "Good day, Protector, and thank you for coming. Yes, I know who you are, that is Why I arranged for you to be here. I must apologize, I know you had things to do back on your plane, but the Shalm gave me permission to borrow you. We may speak freely in this clearing, it is the one protected place on this island, though if we stay too long, they will wonder why they cannot find us. Fortunately right now though, They will be distracted by all the others. There is much to discuss. You know now what is goign on here.. or at least what they CLAIM is going on here. What you do not know is that this island.. this demiplane was once the home of an infamous and powerful vampiric deity, who has long since dissapeared. A few centuries ago, this tournament came into being, and not even the gods know WHO is running it, or the true reason why. All we know is that unnatural things are going on here, and that the balance is being sorely disrupted. Will you help us discover what is going on?"[/sblock]
[sblock=Jemal]Landing before the Ancient Elf Azrim speaks "As always I am a servant of balance."

"Thus I will do my best to my best to make it through to the final round and discover the truth behind this tournament. As such you may have to surrender to me before the battle end to ensure my placement."

"You should depart now, we don't want to alert those who run this tournament, that we are working together."

As the Ancient Elf leaves Azrim takes to the air and waits for the Black Skinned man to arrive[/sblock]

Voidrazor

First Post
Seeing his prey starting to get away while peeking from the edge of the cloud, Tehrazhon begins to accelerate. Now slightly leading the black smoke, the abomination's still tensed arm comes up before him. Guttural words force themselves from its lipless scaled maw, read from the parchment in his hand. Already huge, Tehrazhon doubles in size, to a monolithic 40ft from head to toe.

The Freakish giant then chases the orcs in earnest (flying run 240'/turn, still 45' in the air). When he catches up, assuming blindsight doesn't reveal any unpleasant surprises, he sweeps past and down to force them to fight in the cloud. He drops 30' in front of his foes. Immediately a terrible keening splits the air, the sound of alien metal swirling through smoky darkness. Initiative 38 HP: 801 (871 w/ Righteous Might) AC: 72[sblock=Jemal]T. should currently have a 40' reach (gargatuan + reach weapon) so he'll be going for AoO's if they do pretty much anything. Did I ever get you the info on the chain lash?It in Savage Species p.43.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Lordraven]
The ancient man nods and wishes you luck before departing, and about 10 minutes later, a trio arrives, lead by the black man you'd spoken to earlier. The two stay back and the black man moves forwards. "I take it you've spoken to the old one, good. I will be assured a place in the final round, so long as you do not stop me yourself. These two will come with me, we have business on this island that is NOT related to the tournament. I have three pieces of advice for you while we are in this sacred place.. one, do not fight us regardless of how much it seems you should. Two, do not speak as though you do not want to win the prize. They will hear you outside of this clearing. And finally, there is a trio of your fellows that you must stay clear of. They are the biggest threat in this tournament, and We have told them to NOT come north. If you should see them, hide or flee." He then gives you a description of Macrisse, Caltrop, and.. 'bob'. "Any Questions?"
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads