• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mortal Kombat!!

Darimaus

First Post
As Macrisse introduces himself to the tiny dragon, he notices something in its eyes. Before him is the spirit of true dragon, one which used to possess great power.

"It was no act of mercy. Merely an exersize in practicality."

Caltrop shakes his head and whispers to himself.

"But a few years ago I would never consider associating with a... silver."

He looks back upon his would-be companion.

"Then again, the old ways have failed me before."

His voice returns to full volume as he returns his full attention to Macrisse.

"I am known by others as Caltrop the Odd."

Shayuri

First Post
"Truly?" Macrisse deflates a little, disappointed. "I see. Well, congratulations on your victory then, Caltrop the Odd. It is unfortunate that we must either join forces, or fight. It casts the pall of duress over these proceedings. I would extend a claw to you in amity, if you were willing to return the gesture."

Darimaus

First Post
"I shall have you know Macrisse, that I have never fought alongside a Silver Dragon before. This shall be a learning experience for me. But I suppose part of me is glad to be alongside someone I can trust for a change. Afterall, Silvers have always been known for loyalty."

The tiny dragon gives a quick laugh.

"And for all those years I though it was a weakness. So, shall we venture out and do what must be done?"

Rino

First Post
Iapetus sees the man in plate mail walking underneath him. he waits till he can land behind him and draw first blood.

prepare to taste the edges of my swords

he attacks with both weapons to hit +55 and +67 (+67 is a crit threat 52+15=67, confirming crit (1d20+52=65) on a hit the add +1d6 and fort DC 36 or die)

initiative: 41
[sblock=damage]
damage done:
attack 1: 28
attack 2: 27 if crit hit then 27+5=32
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC: Vertexx*
OK, I missed it before, but HOW do you get so many arrows off? I don't see it looking at your character sheet.*

IC:

Grugg wanders for about half an hour before noticing that there are a pair of knights standing a hundred feet ahead of you. The turn as they hear you approach and one hails you. They both draw swords. *Init, no surprise*

Iapetus lands behind the man with a double-thrust, piercing the mans mail in two placse, one of his blades sinking deep and drawing a cry of pain before the man manages to pull away and turn around, only to see that his opponent is only beginning the assault (You won Init. ALso.. er.. Why do you only do +5 damage on a crit?)

Tall, gangly, this creature steps from the shadows, throwing a ragged red cloak thats more like a sash over it's shoulder. Its only other clothing a pair of tattered pants tied up with a piece of rope, a patched vest, the off white cloth rapped around its head and a pair ratty boots with the toes and heels torn out to expose talons . Its skin a greyish tinge exept for its bright red arms and the tail that sweeps back and forth. The arms are thick and muscular incontrast to it's lanky body ending in jagged claws, while its tail is long think and chitinous ending with a wicked barb. Large wings black as pitch flare out causing a wind to scatter dust around it. A flash of light is reflected from the arnament ring on one claw it seems to match the amulet hanging ariund it's neck. A strange other worldly glow surrounds the creature, unknown if it comes from the strange gothic bracers or the creature it self.

This creature approches caltrop and his new companion, with a bow that includes a sweep of it's wings it addresses the two dragons n a voice that is smooth and respectfull.

"Greetings noble dragons i am a humble warrior, on that is plagued by warring forces within my own body. the pairing of two such as yourselves sooths my warring sides. If I may be so bold as to ask if i may join such a group, with your premission of cource, i may find some peace in my heart."

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC-withing 30ft i have manyshot, which lets me fire +1 arrow for each 5 points of Base attack bonus up to 4 arrows with each attack at BaB 16 (I have a BaB of 27) with a cumulative -2 for each arrow (-8 for 4 arrows per shot) PHB pg 97. My BaB gives me 6 attacks, rapid shot gives me 7, and haste will give me 8 (though I haven't used it yet). 7X4=28 I threatened a crit with a natural 20, with a longbow which has a crit multiplier of X3 , but I accidentally rolled 31 arrows instead of 30 so just ignore the last roll. And since I don't think it critted only 24 arrows would count (if 1s are auto misses) meaning 24 points of con dmg (480hp lossat 40 HD) plus the weapon dmg (minimum 28X24=762) or immediate death in a geyser of blood :cool: .

by shooting from invisible they don't get dex to AC without uncanny dodge or blindfighting and shooting from hiding (only -20 from my 153 hide check) means they don't know the attacks are coming and therefore cannot use things like deflect arrows. My feats negate any miss chance or AC bonus from cover or concealment (including full). And marrowcrushing has no weapon restrictions, unlike wounding so every time the weapon deals dmg they lose 1 con. It would have been much worse with the Souldrinker bow (2d4 negative lvls with each arrow). How about 4 souldrinker kukris on that thrikreen with 18 attacks a round :p

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(I don't think you can use Manyshot and Rapid Shot AND the Haste shot all at once, man. Manyshot is a standard action. Rapid and Haste require a Full Attack Action. You -certainly- can't use Manyshot -per attack- on a Full Attack Action. Nice try though. :))

Voidrazor

First Post
Tehrazhon roars beastially as he pursues the fleeing orcs lazily (only 45' this round), allowing the black fumes of his eversmoking bottle conceal his exact position. Within the choking cloud, a terrible, wracking possession comes over his left arm. With every muscle unnaturally tensed, the arm retreives a scroll (Righteous might).

Remove ads