• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movie Review of Ghost Rider

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Wrong forum. You'll want to request this moved into the Media Lounge.

(I hated it, too. Horrible movie. Caught nothing about why Ghostrider is cool except -- occasionally -- the visuals.)

Treebore

First Post
As I said in the other G. Rider thread, my family and I loved it. One of the best of all the Marvel movies, and better done than the comic. At least the pre-90's comic. I quit reading comics in 92.

I definitely llike this better than the F4, Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, or X-3 movies. I think I like it better than Spiderman 2 or X-2. I'm still thinking about X-1 and Spidey 1.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Meh. It was okay if you like cheese. The writing was pretty terrible (regardless of whether you care about faithfulness to the source material, which I'm not much of a stickler on) and the direction only slightly better than mediocre. The special effects were pretty hit and miss. It wasn't a complete waste, but I wouldn't recommend going out of one's way to see it.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I only give it a 3 out of 5, not great and not as dark as I would have liked, and if you are going to have Eva Mendes, it is always a plus to show off her cleavage.

They kept it toned down to appeal to the 13 to 17 year olds, at least that is how I saw it.

buzzard

First Post
It was on OK movie if you don't mind watching eye candy and shutting off the brain. However there were some things in the writing which were simply stupid to a mind hurting extent. Were it not for these things, it would have been a much better movie. I generally collect superhero movies on DVD, but I'll skip this one. It's nowhere close to top tier for superhero flicks (ie Spiderman, Batman Begins, X Men1&2).

buzzard

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
buzzard said:
It was on OK movie if you don't mind watching eye candy and shutting off the brain. However there were some things in the writing which were simply stupid to a mind hurting extent. Were it not for these things, it would have been a much better movie. I generally collect superhero movies on DVD, but I'll skip this one. It's nowhere close to top tier for superhero flicks (ie Spiderman, Batman Begins, X Men1&2).

buzzard
Number wise, it started better than Daredevil and seems to be on the same track, Ghost Rider had a bigger budget so it will be interesting to see how it finishes up but DD had a good overseas run but GR has yet to be released in some markets. The biggest difference could be the times, 2003 vs 2007.

Daredevil Numbers: Opening Weekend: $40,310,419 (3,471 theaters, $11,613 average) % of Total Gross: 39.3% Widest Release: 3,474 theaters Close Date: July 17, 2003
In Release: 154 days / 22 weeks

Domestic: $102,543,518 (57.2%) + Foreign: $76,636,200 (42.8%) = Worldwide: $179,179,718

Ghost Rider numbers: Opening Weekend: $45,388,836 (3,619 theaters, $12,541 average) % of Total Gross: 57.7% Widest Release: 3,620 theaters
In Release: 10 days / 1.4 weeks

Domestic: $78,660,000 (82.6%) + Foreign: $16,595,917 (17.4%) = Worldwide: $95,255,917

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads