Mozilla Firefox is now Final

Michael Morris

First Post
The Firefox browser has been declared final. Support for this browser will now be offered to correct any display glitches that occur when it is used.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Having upgraded, I am finding that suddenly I'm not staying logged in very reliably. I'll test more over the coming days, but wanted to post that in case others are having the same problem.

Have read the "Trouble staying logged in thread", thanks. :D

IronWolf

blank
Glad to see the willingness to make sure pages render correctly for FireFix users.

I've been using Firefox (previously Phoenix, Firebird, etc.) for quite some time and have had no real issues with the EnWorld site. I haven't upgraded from 0.9.3 on my laptop, but I did upgrade on my main desktop. No issues from either as of yet.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I'm all for giving Microslop the shaft. Is this a good browser? I begrudgingly moved from Netscape a couple of years ago since I was just having too many problems with it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've been trying it since Michael posted the above message. Some minor formatting problems, outweighed by the convenience of tabbed browsing.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
If you're on Windows, you owe it to yourself to use Firefox. A MUCH better browser than IE. It also makes life MUCH easier on web designers since it supports the standard technologies (HTML, CSS, etc) much, much better.

I do still see the "can't stay logged in" problem, now that I've upgraded to 1.0. Didn't happen on 0.9, so I'm not sure what's happening. Still researching, but theories are welcome.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I still use 0.9.1 and do not have the staying logged in problem.

Firefox is a nice little browser. Use it if for no other reason than the tabs.

Their email program, Thunderbird, is also very nice.

Morrus said:
Some minor formatting problems, outweighed by the convenience of tabbed browsing.

What formatting problems are you having? The only formatting issue I have on ENWorld is the highlighted/flaming moderator usernames.

Goodman Games website does format a little funny, but thats the only other thing I can think of offhand.

barsoomcore said:
I do still see the "can't stay logged in" problem, now that I've upgraded to 1.0. Didn't happen on 0.9, so I'm not sure what's happening. Still researching, but theories are welcome.

I don't have that problem, and I upgraded to 1.0 as soon as it was available. Have you tried clearing the cache, cookies, temp files, and saved passwords?

Last edited:

Remove ads