• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

fitsou

First Post
I think it's quite likely. I know for a fact that most of the members of my party remove their armor every night so they can sleep (those of us that wear medium or heavier, at least). My character casts Mage Armor before going to sleep just so he has some protection if ambushed/surprised at night, while he normally wears a half plate during the day.

The AC is 10+Dex, just do the math dude. no offence there, but it just 2 number both in the same area... so easy...

Ohillion

First Post
But that is what I mean with 'of course there will be moments with different or no armor, but almost nobody will fill that out as their AC on the character sheet'. There will be moments that your character is not wearing armor, but that is not what you will have listed on your character sheet. Or do you have a digital copy of your character sheet open during play, that you change every time for this kind of things?

I agree with MPMB on this. Although I will likely have the digital copy open on my laptop at the gaming table, the default would be to have my best AC printed on the sheet at all times. However, because it's a matter of subtraction vs addition, I can really see it both ways. But for me...IMHO, it's best to go with AC with the armor I have on hand.

Headbomb

First Post
I personally print the sheet, but I know of others that play digital only. I like to scribble things.

As far as my personal use is concerned, I'd prefer this to be implemented like I described, but as long as the basic armor field remains editable, I'll just delete the misc entry and pump the base armor by 1 and I can live with that too.

Headbomb

First Post
The AC is 10+Dex, just do the math dude. no offence there, but it just 2 number both in the same area... so easy...

I got a master's in particle physics, numbers don't scare me. It is, however, a lot more user friendly to see "Base AC goes from 16+Dex to 13+Dex" instead of "Base AC goes from 15+Dex to 13+Dex" and also remembering to look further down the sheet to be reminded "Oh right, that +1 Misc doesn't apply right now".

marioinfinity

First Post
I got a master's in particle physics, numbers don't scare me. It is, however, a lot more user friendly to see "Base AC goes from 16+Dex to 13+Dex" instead of "Base AC goes from 15+Dex to 13+Dex" and also remembering to look further down the sheet to be reminded "Oh right, that +1 Misc doesn't apply right now".

I dunno, with so many online games I run, a " rest ac" line might not bea bad idea...

fitsou

First Post
D&D 5e Character Sheet (form-fillable/calculated) and Spell Sheet generator (...

I think that you want everything on a silver plater. With that logic, the sheet should auto equip the unarmed attack when you lose your weapons..
Again with no means to offend you the sheet can't play the game for you. It's here to make it a little easier.

Ohillion

First Post
I can't think of another character sheet that has offered so many autofill options as this one. Wanting more from something that's this good is understandable. But, if improvments are going to 'overcode' the sheet so that it's too bulky or too slow to load, I'd favor simplicity over complexity. I can always have 3x5 cards that show my resting AC, Mage Armor AC, Unarmored Defense AC, etc...

Do any of you use 3x5s for dynamic stat changes already?

I agree with Headbomb that it would be a more elegant solution to have the armor AC increase instead of it being in a Misc. box (although having it in a Misc. box has it own advantages, like being able to see how your AC is build up). However, this is a lot of work and for now I have my priorities at adding all the classes. Once that is done I have a better idea of all the different modifiers that all the class features add and how I should incorporate them :)

Athinar

Explorer
Choose Feature button?

Where is this "Choose Feature" button? **** Found It*****

The only Class "Choose Feature" is Fighter

I have it formatted as "Rogue-Assassin 3, Fighter 1, Wizard 1"

how should it look like?

Rogue-Assassin 3, Fighter-Archery 1, Wizard 1

or

Rogue (Assassin) 3, Fighter 1, Wizard 1

◆ Roguish Archetype (Assassin 3, PHB 96) [no subclass detected in the "class" field]

Fighter, level 1:
◆ Fighting Style (Fighter 1, PHB 72)
Choose a Fighting Style using the "Choose Feature" button above
◆ Second Wind (Fighter 1, PHB 72) [1d10+1, 1× per short rest]
As a bonus action, I regain 1d10 + fighter level hp; I can use this once per short rest

Wizard, level 1:
◆ Arcane Tradition (Wizard 1, PHB 115) [no subclass detected in the "class" field]

No Sneak attack listed, should be + 2d6
Arcane Tradition is second level, pg 113 and pg 115

Archery added +2 extra to hit for Range Weapon, which is good, had to take off the +2 from the modifiers
but it still has an extra +2 from some place; total of +12 (dx 18, +4, +3 for skill, +1 bow, +2 archery = 10)

Last edited:

As you can read in the changelog at the bottom of the download page, for the Beta v6.91, only the Fighter and Barbarian classes are complete. All other classes will have omissions, especially concerning the subclass-features. These will come one at a time, whenever I have time to add them. You are free to help if you have some time to add them :)

As to how it should look, this is explained in the mouseover (tooltip) text of the "Class" field on the first page. But you also get a nifty pop-up if you enter a class with a high enough level that has no subclass detected.

Good catch with the arcane tradition being set at the wrong level. Because I have only looked at the fighter and barbarian in full detail and added all the other subclass very hastily, this is something I would've (hopefully) found on my own. But these kind of corrections are always welcome, so keep 'em coming!

I first only replied to your post before you edited it.

Rogue sneak attack is missing because all rogue class features are yet to be added.

When I use an empty sheet to make a Fighter level 5, give him 18 Dex, a Longbow +1, and choose the Archery Fighting Style, the to hit is correctly listed as +10. Maybe you have some modifier applied still? Or did you perhaps import the character from an old sheet?

Last edited:

Remove ads