• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Is this after you imported something or after you input some custom code? Is this with the A4 or with the Letter version? Because I'm unable to recreate this. Everything works fine when I press that button on any of the version 10.1 sheets I made (but I only tried it with 'fresh' versions, not after importing anything or running any custom code).

Also, I expect that you would only get that error once, not three times. So either you pressed the button three times, or something else is going on as well.

Yes, this is on an imported version. I probably clicked the button three times.

It is again time for a big update, this time for both the Character Sheet and Spell Sheet Generator.

MPMB's Character Sheet v10.2 (17-2-2016) has the following changelog:
  • NEW FEATURE: Added an option to export that is usable even when using Acrobat Reader. I also added a way to export data from older version of this sheet using Acrobat Reader, see below for more information
  • Updated the import function, making it possible to import both fdf and xfdf files, preventing several errors when importing, and suppressing all pop-ups during importing. Also, the new function will set all visibilities as imported (color themes, notes/rules/equipment on the third page, location columns of equipment section, attuned magic items on the second page, Blue Text fields, manual attack fields, spell slots, text size, and text lines)
  • Changed the headers so that they no longer have a red dragon in them (even though they were no longer visible because another graphic was overlaying it, some prints would still show red lines around a dragon head)
  • Fixed a bug where the location fields of the equipment section didn’t except numbers, only text
  • Fixed a bug where some class abilities didn’t show up properly on page 2 after adding a subclass using the pop-up dialog
  • Made it so that resetting the equipment section also deletes the values in the location column
  • Added the creature “Shield Guardian” to the list of creatures
  • Changed how the sheet handles a change of race on the Companion page. Now when you change the race to something that is not recognized, all abilities of the last selected race will remain in place instead of being removed. This way you can use another name for a companion’s race (e.g. select “Frog” and then change it to “Toad”), while keeping the same stats
  • Added a “Magic Bonus” column to the Ability Score dialog
  • Added the variables of the Wild Shape class feature to the top of the Wild Shape page (uses, duration and limitations). These three fields will be auto-filled when the appropriate Druid level is reached

MPMB's Spell Sheet Generator v7.6 (17-2-2016) has the following changelog:
  • Changed the headers so that they no longer have red dragon heads in them, because these dragon heads were not completely hidden by the overlaying graphic on all machines
  • Fixed a bug that caused an error on Excel for Mac
  • Changed some code to better accommodate the image-generation on Excel for Mac

Export form data with Adobe Acrobat Reader!
I have written how to do this in the FAQ, but I'll post it here to save you the trouble of looking for it:

If you are using Character Sheet version 10.2 or later, you can export a xfdf file using the “Im/Export” button (found in the “JavaScript-window” and in the bookmarks). It is recommended to only export the non-calculated fields if you haven’t changed any of the auto-filled fields (like class features).
If the Character Sheet you want to export from is older than version 10.2, you will need to add a JavaScript file I made to your Adobe Acrobat installation in order to be able to export a xfdf file. Do the following:
  1. Download this file
  2. Save it to the "\Javascripts" folder of your Acrobat installation (see examples below)
    For Acrobat Reader DC on a Windows machine the path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Javascripts"
    For Acrobat Pro DC on a Windows machine the path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Javascripts"​
  3. Restart Acrobat and open the Character Sheet you want to export data from
  4. In the menu bar, click on Edit >> Export form fields as XFDF
Note that all versions moving forward from version 10.2 will only accept xfdf files, and no longer accept fdf files. This has to do with the fact that the xfdf file format allows for more options, and the fact that it is possible to make a xfdf file with Acrobat Reader with the workaround I made.
The file mentioned above also adds a menu item with which you can open the JavaScript console. From there, you can run any JavaScript code you want as well as view errors in the code. If you are going to be running code in the console, take a look at the Adobe Acrobat JavaScript API.

A quick update, I missed something with v10.2 and that has been remedied in v10.22

MPMB's Character Sheet v10.22 (18-2-2016) has the following changelog:
  • Fixed some minor spelling errors
  • The Strength multipliers of the encumbrance section are now visible even if the sheet is fresh/reset
  • Made medium armor Dex modifier visible when printing an empty sheet
  • Fixed Giant Spider poison damage to 2d8 instead of 2d6
  • Really fixed the issue with using numbers as locations in the equipment section

The character sheet looks and feels very polished.. Good job! Are you working on implementing the Jester?
Well thank you! What, if I may ask, is "the Jester"? I don't know it from any of the official published materials (and those are the only ones I put in my sheet, see the FAQ). If it is not in an official published material, you are free to add it yourself using the syntax I provided (see the FAQ, part 3).

It's an Unearthed Arcana piece: kits of Old. List more options.

http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/04_UA_Classics_Revisited.pdf
Ah Unearthed Arcana, thus not official published material, just official playtest material. As you can read in the FAQ, I don't intend to add any playtest material. Adding something like a class or subclass takes quite a bit of time and I would like to only spend that time on the official material. You can still add it yourself, though :)

Does anyone else have problems printing this sheet?

I have tried printing from Adobe DC reader and Acrobat 8.

I have tried printing the sheet as an image.

No matter what I get a blank sheet. Other documents and fillable pdfs print fine. It is very annoying because I really like the sheet.

fitsou

First Post
Are u sure it's not a printer's fault??? I print them all the time (I haven't tries the latest version) try to print the sheet as file.

Does anyone else have problems printing this sheet?

I have tried printing from Adobe DC reader and Acrobat 8.

I have tried printing the sheet as an image.

No matter what I get a blank sheet. Other documents and fillable pdfs print fine. It is very annoying because I really like the sheet.
This is an error I have never heard before. I have never had problems printing any pdf (including any versions of my sheet, I just tested the latest version). So I'm unable to give you specific advise on what might be wrong, but possible it is something going wrong with an Acrobat form and your printer drivers.

Are you having trouble printing any other Acro-forms (i.e. pdf files where you can fill out fields, but not XFA-based)?
I found this forum thread about this issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/986205?start=0&tstart=0 and there the last poster says
You will need to upload the Asian Language Pack for the Acrobat Reader DC and it solves the problem. I uploaded and uninstalled Acrobat Reader DC 2015.00920069 several times and could not print some previous saved pdf files. With Acrobat Reader DC 2015.00920069 installed, I then uploaded the Asian Language Pack for the Acrobat Reader DC and bingo, the program prints all images. The problem of blank pages being printed is over, gone, absent.
Hopefully this helps

Remove ads