• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Your so quick to keep everything up to date and fixed! I have to remember to buy you a coffee or two when I get home.
Well I want to play stuff like the new Volo races as well, so why not get everything updated ASAP? :p Unfortunately I don't actually have the physical book yet, it takes a bit longer to get here in Europe (or maybe my LFGS is just slow).

I finally got a workaround for the problems with the DMs Guild website and it not letting me upload stuff. So I also uploaded the new Spell Sheets (which only really differ for the Sorcerer and Wizard).

Changelog for MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class v12.55 (12 November 2016):

• Fixed the saving throw for Cone of Cold to be Constitution instead of Dexterity (thanks splepage for reporting);
  • Recreated all the Spell Sheets from version 12.55 of the Character Record Sheet.

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Yes, MPMB is fast. I personally think there's more than one of him...
If only there were ;)

Somebody on Reddit reported two issues, so time for a new update:

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.56 (13 November 2016):

• Fixed the sheet hanging while adding the Wild Shape class feature (thanks Hawkflight for reporting);
  • Fixed the sheet taking away the "Searing Arc Strike" when a Monk (Way of the Sun Soul) level 6 or higher went up a level (thanks Hawkflight for reporting).

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
I just noticed something equipmentwise. The ink comes in 1 ounce bottles. That means the weight should be 0.0625 lbs per bottle. So, my suggestion is to add the weight to the ink in the equipment list.

EDIT:

Additional suggestion:
Add a checkbox or something on the AL logsheet to indicate XP is earned by the milestone method. This checkbox is for information only, no need for formulas. The checkbox can be beside each session.

Reason:
We are playing Storm King's Thunder and the first chapter requires us to level up using the milestone method. After that we will be using the XP method to level up starting in chapter 2.

A couple of previous adventure books also used the milestone method.

Last edited:

I just noticed something equipmentwise. The ink comes in 1 ounce bottles. That means the weight should be 0.0625 lbs per bottle. So, my suggestion is to add the weight to the ink in the equipment list.

EDIT:

Additional suggestion:
Add a checkbox or something on the AL logsheet to indicate XP is earned by the milestone method. This checkbox is for information only, no need for formulas. The checkbox can be beside each session.

Reason:
We are playing Storm King's Thunder and the first chapter requires us to level up using the milestone method. After that we will be using the XP method to level up starting in chapter 2.

A couple of previous adventure books also used the milestone method.
Although I know where you are coming from with the ink and its weight, I rather stick with the PHB definition of its weight. Because if I go down this path, the problem is that the glass bottle containing the ink is probably heavier than the ink itself. Or maybe it is a ceramic vessel, which is even heavier, or maybe a metal one, or... I hope you see the issue. So I just go with what the PHB has listed and keep it at that.

Adding something to the AL sheet is of course possible, but currently there is not really space for a checkbox there. I have no experience with AL, but is this something that occurs more often than other stuff you need to write in the "notes" section? Does this occur more frequent than, say, getting a magic item, downtime activities, or lifetime expenses? Because none of these have their own space.

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.57 (16 November 2016):

• NEW FEATURE: changed the “add custom script’ dialogue to now except unlimited amount of characters. Unfortunately, the amount of characters for each dialogue is still limited to 65642, but now you can have as many dialogues as you want;
  • Fixed the weight of the weapons not being added to the total weight carried when so selected (thanks SoilentBrad for reporting);
  • Fixed a tiny error in the code for selecting options for class features;
  • Added the Custom Script for the latest Unearthed Arcana, Bard Colleges (with thanks to SoilentBrad now available in the Fan-made Additions Dropbox).

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
As far as the checkbox for milestones, when I type my adventure notes, I already use up so much space so that the [+] shows up at the bottom right of the notes section. I have no room to add that we're using the milestone method. Besides, there is a space on the AL sheet for this. Just add it to the right of the Log Sheet Entry graphic. The other items you mentioned (downtime, lifetime, etc.) can still be in the notes section. That's where they belong (for AL purposes).

AL is really important here in America. It allows us to use our characters in AL sponsored events at conventions, even at conventions in other countries.

I just printed out a character sheet (legal color, 12.56). Even if I have the spellsheet check box checked, it will not add that page in the list of pages to be printed.

Example:
I'll use a wizard.
I check off the first 4 pages and the spell page: Page 1, Page 2, Conditions, Background, and Spell Sheet

Expected behavior:
Pages to Print
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7

What I get instead is
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4

The following happens if I only want the spell sheet to print:
Pages to Print
All

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but I've been having it since the spell sheet generator was integrated into the character sheet.

As far as the checkbox for milestones, when I type my adventure notes, I already use up so much space so that the [+] shows up at the bottom right of the notes section. I have no room to add that we're using the milestone method. Besides, there is a space on the AL sheet for this. Just add it to the right of the Log Sheet Entry graphic. The other items you mentioned (downtime, lifetime, etc.) can still be in the notes section. That's where they belong (for AL purposes).

AL is really important here in America. It allows us to use our characters in AL sponsored events at conventions, even at conventions in other countries.

I just printed out a character sheet (legal color, 12.56). Even if I have the spellsheet check box checked, it will not add that page in the list of pages to be printed.

Example:
I'll use a wizard.
I check off the first 4 pages and the spell page: Page 1, Page 2, Conditions, Background, and Spell Sheet

Expected behavior:
Pages to Print
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7

What I get instead is
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4

The following happens if I only want the spell sheet to print:
Pages to Print
All

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but I've been having it since the spell sheet generator was integrated into the character sheet.
I understand that AL is important and that's why I've integrated it into the sheet as best I saw fit, even though I will never use it (for me the closest place that does it is two cities over). For the logsheet I took the one by WotC and recreated it, with some additions of my own. The colorful version might have room for the checkbox that you are suggesting (although it wouldn't be that pretty IMHO), but the Printer Friendly versions do not, unfortunately. Looking at the official Adventure Log Sheet by Wizards of the Coast I don't see any space dedicated to the milestone method. Am I missing something?

As for the spell sheet not printing, thank you for letting me know about this bug! I found the error and am fixing it now. This was something that changed when I started making the Complete Spell Sheets per Class using the Character Record Sheet instead of the Excel Spell Sheet Generator. Looking back at the changelogs this was working in version v11.51 and the thing that broke it was added in v12.2, so it not working since the spell sheet generation had been added (v11.0) is not true. It is true that this hasn't worked in a long time. It would be very helpful if you report these kind of bugs immediately when you notice them (as you say this has been going on for a long time), because they are often an easy fix (like this one). Regardless, thank you very much for reporting this bug!

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.58 (16 November 2016):

• Updated the FAQ;
  • Fixed an issue with using the print dialogue to print spell sheets (thanks Astromath for reporting).

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
As far as the log sheet is concerned, WotC created the log sheet before they started using the milestone method. They just never updated the sheet to show it. I think their original intent was to put the milestone level up in where the XP is recorded. But I'm not sure about that. There's no easy answer to this question. Right now, I'm just putting in the XP I would have earned if I earned it without the milestone method. I suppose I could send off a suggestion to WotC about it.

Remove ads