• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MurderHobos

Have you heard the term MurderHobo, and does it offend you.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
As a former hobo, I don't find it offensive (homeless 5 different occasions growing up, and for 3 years as an adult). Overused and misrepresentative of gameplay? Yes. Offensive? No. As always, play what you like :)

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
As a gamer, I do not find this offensive.

As a homeless person, I do not find this offensive.

As a murderer, I do not OH :):):):) THE POLICE THEY'RE COMING WHO :):):):)ING RATTED ME OUT YOU PIECE OF :):):):)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not only am I not offended, I use the term, and have even passed it along to my 19 year old cousin who is relatively new to RPGs.

radja

First Post
I hadn't heard the term yet, but is perfectly accurate to describe a party I played in named "Doomsday". Their real claim to fame was not the monsters they defeated, or the people they rescued.

Doomsday: kicked out of every major town in the realms. Including Myth Drannor.

Arlough

Explorer
I was typing out "Please believe me when I tell you that I am not saying this in any disparaging way." when I realized that this phrasing may seem to be mocking you. So instead I will say, please take this as a commentary on my observation, and not a judgement upon you.

Given you sig...

"Enough screwing around. It's time to kill."

--Duke Nukem

I find this both a bit surprising, and ironically humorous.

I've heard it used on rpg.net to disparage D&D's standard playstyle, so yes I find it a bit offensive.

Remove ads