• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Music from Troy Trailer

KainG

Explorer
Does anyone know the name and writer for the music for the trailer of Troy? I saw the trailer the other day on TV again, and it kept bugging me that I felt I knew that music from somewhere else.

Thanks.

Kain Gallant said:
Does anyone know the name and writer for the music for the trailer of Troy? I saw the trailer the other day on TV again, and it kept bugging me that I felt I knew that music from somewhere else.

Thanks.
I'll download it later and listen to it. I've kinda developed a strange obsession with movie music over the last few years. Most movie trailers use soundtracks from previous movies. The Gladiator soundtrack has been very popular lately, for instance. Last of the Mohicans has been played on a fair amount of recent trailers (The Missing being the latest one I noticed). A few years ago you couldn't go see a movie without hearing the Dragonheart theme in some trailer.

Dead Can Dance and Lisa Gerard of DCD (since DCD broke up) have had a lot of their music in movies lately. Lisa Gerard was all through Gladiator, and has been the music director for many movies of late. I also remember hearing DCD's Host of Seraphim in the trailer for T3.

For those of you who don't know about DCD they were mainly the duo of Lisa Gerard and Brendan Perry. They did sort of the world music or new age stuff, that mainly Goths rather than middle-aged yuppies liked.

Remove ads