Musical instruments

GlassJaw

Hero
I started playing piano when I was around 10 and took lessons for about 7-8 years. I started playing tenor sax around 13 or so and played (and studied) through college. I also picked up the bass in high school and have been playing for about 16 years.

I also dabble in guitar and drums and I sing in the car (I think I'm pretty good). Singing in the car is great way to practice your harmonies. :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Oopsie...while my avatar IS a guitar, I put the asterisk in the wrong place...
or my Dean EVO Special Select* or Cadillac Time Capsule electrics on a daily basis
is incorrect.

It should read:
or my Dean EVO Special Select or Cadillac Time Capsule* electrics on a daily basis

(I'll just edit that in the previous post...)

The photo was one of several taken in my house to provide a basis for some Photoshop work I was doing for a PowerPoint presentation and some promotional posters. Its my Caddy (on a draped guitar stand) on top of the dining room table below the candelabra and in front of the dining room window. (Each one of my guitars got a similar treatment...that one just came out really good!)

Last edited:

player 2

First Post
I envy all of you, I always wanted to learn how to play an instrument. I have been singing since I was in elelmentary school and find that I miss it when gone from it for too long. I sing in church choirs and occasionally in local community choirs. I also play handbells (not as often as I'd like) so those skills are a tad rusty. After meeting my husband, we started playing taiko drums and English change ringing. Singing,handbells, taiko, change ringing - a strange mix, but I enjoy having music in my life and look forward to the next musical adventure :cool:

Ambrus

Explorer
I roll-played a violinist in a LARP once. I even built a great violin prop that actually fooled a real violinist. Does that count? :heh:

Uh... I'm hell on the spoons!... :\

dragonhead

First Post
I play an instrament that proves my manilyness, the FLUTE... :heh:, well i did in high school. i now play the guitar while learning to play the bass.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Back when I wrote GUI software, when time permitted, I implemented a "tip of the day" feature for our users.

One of the tips read: "You're never too old to learn how to play the piano".

So, that's true today, just as it was then. For those lamenting their lack of musical ability, find a teacher in your area. Piano lessons are relatively inexpensive. If not piano, I'm sure you could find someone to give lessons on about any instrument you want.

You're never too old to learn. Music has enriched my life immensely.

Remove ads