• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Big, Fat, Colossal Red Dragon is...

edbonny

Explorer
TOO BIG! :p

I mean really. This dragon so dwarfs all my other minis. Bringing it out on the table makes the other minis look rather tiny, like specks of dust. Even epic level minis wielding their pin-size swords look ridiculous when moving up for the attack. I should sell it, but I think I love it too much. It does look cool. I'm torn.

What do you think of your big fat colossal red dragon? What do you do with your big fat colossal red dragon? Or what does it do with you.....?

Mine lives in its cave (box), looking across at the cave (box) of the miniscule (well, Gargantuan) Black Dragon that it will one day kill, eat, and loot.

Now we just need a Colossal Dracolich ...

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I ordered the two dragons form Amazon... while I'm waiting, I'm already worried about where to store those two mosters... :p

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, she's a big momma. I had to ponder long and hard where to display mine (and I have to display it, cause I really doubt I'll ever use it). It's now sitting on a mantle beside my 12" McFarlane Wayne Gretzky. Kinda reminds me of the old Godzilla v Barkley commercial...

The minis in general are too bloody big. I know they want them to be big so they can show detail, but larger minis in particular don't scale with battlemat size properly, and they won't fit into their spaces. The colossal dragon should be about the same size as the gargantuan, and it should be standing on all fours, not taking a squat. Squatting dragons look silly.

I wish they'd make larger creatures with interesting poses that still fit on their bases, instead of having them HUGE but scrunched.

Remove ads