• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Big, Fat, Colossal Red Dragon is...

Sammael

Adventurer
MerricB said:
No, it has the right number of paint steps.
Wow, Merric, I think it's really cool that WotC let you visit the production facility of Hasbro Far East that they used to make the CRD!

In other news, WotC MARKETING claims that the number of paint steps is correct.

Dracorat

First Post
And until I have proof stating otherwise, I believe them more than any poster on here as they are the expert in the field regarding that claim.

Sammael

Adventurer
Dracorat said:
And until I have proof stating otherwise, I believe them more than any poster on here as they are the expert in the field regarding that claim.
There are posters here who've been painting miniatures since before many WotC employees were even born...

For the record, I think the paint job is not good, and I am skeptical about the 300 paint steps, but the dragon was worth $37, which is how much I paid for it through Amazon. In the end, I am satisfied.

Dracorat

First Post
I didn't say they were superior paintists, just that I beleive them when they say they took the proper steps. Quality is different than adherance to procedure.

They claimed adherence to procedure and you attempted to refute it with nothing more than gut feeling.

As they say around here:
In God we trust, all others bring data.

Sammael

Adventurer
I see no reason to blindly trust the marketing department of any company. After all, their goal is to sell you the product, no matter what.

We have no way of checking their claim. A proper way of talking about it in such a case (as anyone who's taken any journalism classes would know) would be to say that company X claims Y, and NOT to state that Y is a fact.

Allandaros

Explorer
I don't have that much money to spend on minis, and if I did, I'd frankly spend it on Warhammer or something, where the figures can get double use.

On the other hand, though...I can just imagine the DM who buys this in secret, and then plops it down on the table when the PCs aren't expecting it.

Sheer terror... yay!

edbonny

Explorer
Just got my gargantuan black (gar-black) dragon yesterday. While he is tremendous next to my other minis, Gar-Black still looks like a snack for ol' Big Red. Is there anything else as big as Big Red coming out?

Sammael

Adventurer
edbonny said:
Just got my gargantuan black (gar-black) dragon yesterday. While he is tremendous next to my other minis, Gar-Black still looks like a snack for ol' Big Red. Is there anything else as big as Big Red coming out?
The only other announced Icon is the Gargantuan Blue Dragon (which I am eagerly anticipating). My guess it that we'll see the Tarrasque at some point in 2007, since the only other two core dragons that grow to colossal size are Silver and Gold, and good dragons generally aren't as popular as evil ones.

Remove ads