• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Big, Fat, Colossal Red Dragon is...

I think that it is too expensive for the use that I would get out of it. Plus I think that if I ever did use it I would almost have to buy another Battlemat just to fit the Dragon and all the PC's on it! I'm sure it would look great as a collector's piece but I can think of things that I would rather spend my roleplaying budget on. All a matter of preference really.

To put this in context I don't own any D&D minis. If I had enough money in my budget to get all the books that I wanted and still have money to spare then I definitely would buy minis. However I think with the amount of DDM sets out of print I may have missed the boat on this one by a couple of years.

Olaf the Stout

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Olaf the Stout said:
However I think with the amount of DDM sets out of print I may have missed the boat on this one by a couple of years.
Yes, that's more or less my feeling too... I bought the two dragons but i don't have any of the "standard" minis... I always remain undecided about them and, in the mean time, the sets pass by...

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Mine is presently sitting atop a column of empty minis cases, on a low shelf, overlooking my gaming table. From that perch, he can contemplate which minis to later swoop down on and eat.

And, he's not too big, he's perfect.

Dave

Olaf the Stout said:
I think that it is too expensive for the use that I would get out of it. Plus I think that if I ever did use it I would almost have to buy another Battlemat just to fit the Dragon and all the PC's on it! I'm sure it would look great as a collector's piece but I can think of things that I would rather spend my roleplaying budget on. All a matter of preference really.

Olaf the Stout

I lean to be in this same area. Especially once once I saw that the Gar. Black Dragon would be a CR 20 at its lowest which I don't see much CR 20 activity.

But it would be neat. and I do see myself getting the Gar Blue this winter

Zweihänder

First Post
My Colossal Red is...

still at the store. I didn't buy one. The only RPG-related object I will shell out that much for is The World's Largest Dungeon (and maybe The World's Largest City, if it ever comes out), and that's a self-contained campaign. This is a "miniature". Notice the quotes. Not worth it.

mhensley

First Post
I'm getting the black, but I just don't see where I would ever get a chance to use the red so no sale. Unless you play epic levels, a group would get tpk'ed by anything that big.

Klaus

First Post
I'm waiting for the Blue.

But I did shell out for a Huge Aspect of Tiamat mini.

I'd shell out for a Colossal Tiamat, though.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Mine sits on the top of the bookshelf overlooking the gaming table.
He is definately the king of all he surveys.
The black is up there also but he has been downgraded to prince :p

I would love a colossal Tiamat.

The mini-addict in my GG had his at the last game. Which was good timing as one of the players befriended a psuedodragon which is about the same size as the figure.

It was a very sobering thing to look at since IMC the party is planning on going after several elder dragons. This definitely puts the challenge in perspective. The general reaction was "we need five hundred archers and four thousand magic arrows to get enough nat20s to deal with this."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads