• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My D20 Future setting.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
C. Baize said:
взрывно насекомое
Not having a great deal of interest in naming the insect something clever or witty, the settlers simply called it взрывно насекомое (explosive insect, basically pronounced veyzrovno nasekmoye).
The adjectival ending is incomplete - neuter. I don't think that's the right word, and suggest "liable to explode" взрывчатное vs. "exploding."

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Have you done any more conversions, if you want to call them that, of the races from Star Trek?

Also, I took some of your material to use into my personal setting that I've been tinkering with. I hope that it is ok.

C. Baize

First Post
Buddha the DM said:
Have you done any more conversions, if you want to call them that, of the races from Star Trek?

Also, I took some of your material to use into my personal setting that I've been tinkering with. I hope that it is ok.

I haven't yet. I think I'll do Vulcans next, though.

As for using this stuff... that's why it's here. Feel free to use it in your personal settings.

I like your work, so far, Baize - nice! :D

I have a question, though. You gave the Kilingons a +2 CHA modifier. May I ask why? I understand they have Intimidate as a species/class skill, but Klingons are not Charismatic. In fact, I'd almost have to say they are the opposite of it. Perhaps there's a way of preserving their bonus to intimidate (such as a spcies or racial bonus). I, personally, would have given them a -2 CHA species modifier.

C. Baize

First Post
Colonelpuddinhead said:
I like your work, so far, Baize - nice! :D

I have a question, though. You gave the Kilingons a +2 CHA modifier. May I ask why? I understand they have Intimidate as a species/class skill, but Klingons are not Charismatic. In fact, I'd almost have to say they are the opposite of it. Perhaps there's a way of preserving their bonus to intimidate (such as a spcies or racial bonus). I, personally, would have given them a -2 CHA species modifier.

A fine question.
Charisma is more than a reflection of looks or how personable a creature is. It's also a reflection of the strength of a person's self identity, or force of character. Hence the reason Intimidate (force of character) is based on Charisma, as well as Diplomacy (personable). In the case of a Charismatic human who goes the route of a celebrity, it's personality and the ability to be personable. In the case of a Klingon, however, it's pure force of character and self identity.
Anyway... that's my personal reasoning for giving them a +2 racial bonus to Charisma.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads