My XP at DDXP

Khaalis

Adventurer
Iron Sky said:
Then I wrote something like the following:

Init Creature(s) AC/Fort/Ref/Will Effects(Ongoing/Marked/Etc) Hp(Max/Blood/Current)

Looks like once 4E is out we will be seeing a lot of Utility material coming out from the fan base, such as encounter spreadsheets for organized ways of tracking these encounter conditions. Not sure about others, but I typically DM from a laptop, so I don't have any issues with tracking all the various conditions. Excell is my friend.

The_Universe

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
For those who played, you can perhaps answer a question for me about saving throws to remove conditions.

These happen at the end of your turn, right?
Yes.

a) Do they happen just *before* the effect for that turn, or just *after* (e.g. if you are taking acid damage from the dragon are you guaranteed the damage and then save to remove it?
The saving through against continuous damage is the last thing that happens in your turn. You take damage/suffer the condition, and then (if still conscious), you can take a Standard/Move/Minor action, and THEN you save.

b) Where there any actions you could take to get an extra save (e.g. Can I jump into the water as a standard action to attempt to wash the acid off and get an extra save?)
Not in the adventure I played in, or in any of the delves. That said, we really didn't have the opportunity to try to find out, since the only "liquids" we encountered when taking stuff like acid damage was acidic slime or liquid hot lava...not exactly prime choices.

Some other character's abilitities (the Cleric and the Paladin, I think) would sometimes allow you to make a new save immediately, or make your next save with a bonus.

c) Did the 'miniatures' save rule applied, in that if you rolled a 20 on any of your 'saving throws' it removed all remaining conditions at once? And if so, was that only on a natural 20 or did it include saving throw modifiers like the dragons +5 or humans +1
I believe so.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Many thanks!

Another, related question... monster powers that had a recharge number (dragon breath, hobgoblin warcaster staff)

is the recharge roll made

a) at the start of each encounter before the have taken any actions
b) just after they have used the thing up
c) at the end of their action at the same time as saving throws.

Also, with the hobgoblin warcaster that has

recharge x on 4,5,6
recharge y on 5,6
recharge z on 6

Is it a single roll and if you get a 5 you've got x & y available, if you get a 4 you've only got x available - or do you roll the recharge for the staff separately for each function?

Thanks!

Dragonblade

Adventurer
davethegame said:
Sorry to contradict you, Universe, but James Wyatt said otherwise when I asked. It's just the binary save/don't save, unlike the minis game.

Which I'm not sure I like. I really like that natural 20 ends all effects rule in the minis game. Hopefully it will be an optional rule in a sidebar or something.

Remove ads