Pathfinder 1E Mynhear's Bane

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Ah, you have my thanks. I would simply have him know that I cherished our friendship, and that the good we did for E'n was worth the cost. So long as my spirit survives, I will remember him well. I wish he were here." Kalinn sighs and closes her eyes, plainly recalling events from her past for a moment. When she opens them once more she turns her ice blue gaze to Melisande.

"Priestess, there is no ceremony required for this event. Hafísbita holds a keen edge; you will have no trouble driving him home. A thrust to the heart is the preferred death amongst my people."

She catches the gaze of each of you, one by one, and goes on. "I am uncertain whether or not I'll have a voice once this deed is done, so I'll express my gratitude now. You each have my thanks for the deeds you will accomplish in service to the Ha'Gruut and to E'n. Though most in the world will likely never know what you accomplish here, the Ha'Gruut will remember. Should the need arise, you can count on their aid in the future.

"Remember, once the giant is vanquished, you must drive Winterbite through his heart and into the stone beneath, and leave the blade in place to ensure the beast does not rise."

With these words, Kalinn closes her eyes and folds her hands on her stomach, just below the breastbone. "I am ready, Melisande. Strike true, and prepare yourselves for battle."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I would simply have him know that I cherished our friendship, and that the good we did for E'n was worth the cost. So long as my spirit survives, I will remember him well. I wish he were here

Heinrich sets to scribing the letter, an act he is well acquainted with from his uncle's shrivnir shop, in his hand the words are written smooth enough but he has to stop as the implications of this mission weigh on him more and more.

"Dear Aradra Longstrider,

It is with heavy heart that I, Heinrich Schreiversen, who humbly pens this letter to you at the word of your comrade in arms, Kalinn Ari, Chief of the Ha'Gruut peoples, wielder of Hafisbita.

She would wish you to know how she greatly cherished her friendship with you; And the blood lost in battle, the lives saved, they were well worth the cost to save the land of E'n and to do what it took to bring peace and safety.

Her words to you are,
My spirit shall live on and will always remember you each and every day of eternity, as each and every day spent in travel with you will not only be remembered, but remembered well.

My only wish is that you would have been here to be battle against this great an terrible evil at my side, leading the Ha'Gruut in victory against this bane of the land!

May you have peace in your heart in the midst of the chaos of battle!!

Ever truly Friends,

Kalinn Ari Frost, Chief of the Ha'Gruut, Vessel of Hafisbita.

As ascribed by Heinrich Schreibersen, Humble Wizard of Venza"

When he is done, he asks for a moment before she is put to rest, "Please read this and place your signature or mark" To which he takes a stick of sealing wax and prepares to roll and seal the letter.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The chieftain smiles at Heinrich's transcription, takes the materials in a shaky hand and applies her signature before returning to her pose of rest and readiness.

Scott DeWar

"Ist vhat I can do für you, Ja?" He says smiling back. But the smile is short lived as he know he cannot delay the inevitable any longer. He steps away and prays to the only ones he can think of at the time, Cortesia and Sapo.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande looked grim as the time was drawing close. Once think caused her to wait and she asked, “I am worried this sacrifice will be in vain. After we slay the giant and leave the weapon through his heart and into the stone, what is to stop the blade from being drawn back out again?”

“Is there naught something else we need to do to truly end this for all time?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve, Greater Magic Weapon on +1 Falchion
Current Weapon in Hand: +2 Adaptive Longbow

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)

Combat Trained Heavy Horse
Initiative: +4 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +8
AC: 19 (Touch 11, flat-footed 17)
HP: 19 Current: 19
Fort: +8, Ref: +7, Will: +3
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +6, dmg 1d4+5], 2 Hooves [Att: +6, dmg: 1d6+5][/sblock]

Scott DeWar

HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

"Even most powerful magical protection can be broken. Putting a fortress or monestary over it might bring attention to it, leaving it bare and alone - it is unguarded and still could be found."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12
effects in place
endure elements: 24 hours
Ablative Barrier duration: 12 hours

Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 Touch) (better with spells) Shield spell; duration: 12 minutes
HP
: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: ablative barrier; endure elements
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY used : 0

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:           
General: 17 + SL                 
Evocation: 19 + SL           
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL             
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * endure elements       * Levitate             * [s]Dispel Magic
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Endure elements        * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * lightning bolt
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P ear pierce scream     P Levitate

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E) 
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                   
P Stone skin

[sblock=Spell Book:] 
Level 00   
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights 
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message 
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation 

Level 01 
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing Scream * Endure-Elements (E) 
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile 
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness 

Level 02   
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E) 
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility 
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life 

Level 03   
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste 
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly 

Level 04   
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin 
* summ monst IV [E] 

Level 05   
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport 
* Wall of Force 

Level 06 
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I   

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell     
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)   
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) 
(E) elemental: flame school   
(ev) evocation 
(A) denotes changed to acid 
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast 
(#) recalled via pearl of power 
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn lies quietly for a long moment after Melisande's question and Heinrich's speculation, then replies, "I have given this some thought as well, but I see no more permanent solution at this time. The remnant of Mynhear's spirit within the blade will be able to take some action to conceal the area and divert intruders, and between us we should be able to prevent most interlopers from withdrawing the blade. No plan is fool-proof when dealing with a foe as powerful as this, but it is the best plan I've been able to come up with."

jbear

First Post
Sol listens silently as the grim conversation unfolds. "Before... this is done... this giant... To drive the sword through his heart we will likely need to defeat him in battle. Is there anything you can tell us? Where to find him? What powers does he have? Does he have any weaknesses...? Allies? "

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Aye, you'll have to defeat him. No easy task, I fear... our entire tribe has been unable to do so." Kalinn sighs. "You will find him in the high passes to the north of us. Leave the valley the way you came in, and continue your climb into the mountains to the north. You will find him, or he will find you.

"He does indeed have allies, though not the army you would think. Flunkies, trusted lieutenants, bodyguards, call them what you will. They are able, and will have to be destroyed as well, but their threat pales in comparison to his. There are three or four of them, creatures of the mountains, of ice, rock and snow."

She gasps in sudden pain, and winces. "I fear my end is near, my friends. If you would do this thing, this horrible thing I ask, t'were best you have done quickly." She turns her head to Melisande. "Strike true, priestess. Let no hesitation cause your hand to waver... I do this of my own volition, and gladly."

Scott DeWar

HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

Heinrich suddenly regrets not having a divination spell that gives the recipient the ability to truestrike. He looks up at the people around with tears in his eyes as he does not want to watch.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Heinrich wizard 12
effects in place
endure elements: 24 hours
Ablative Barrier duration: 12 hours

Initiative: +2 Perception: +14 (also: Greater Darkvision w/ spell)
AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 Touch) (better with spells) Shield spell; duration: 12 minutes
HP
: 50 Current: 50
BAB: +6/+1 CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (16 ff)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +13 CONC: +23
Special: FIRE RESIST 10

Current Conditions in Effect: ablative barrier; endure elements
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50

Abilites
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+6 DAM
* DC: 22 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY used : 0

OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL

Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:           
General: 17 + SL                 
Evocation: 19 + SL           
Elemental (Fire): 18 + SL             
Evoc + (Fire): 20 + SL  

0 Level            Level 01                Level 02               LEVEL 3          
* Acid splash    * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Cat's grace          * Ablative Barrier
* Dancing lights * endure elements       * Levitate             * [s]Dispel Magic
* Detect Magic   * Expeditious Retreat   * Resist Energy        * Displacement
* Resistance     * Feather Fall          * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Draconic Reservoir
                 * Endure elements        * Scorching ray (ev,E) * Haste
                 * Magic missile         * See invisibility     * lightning bolt
                 * Shield                * Warding Weapon       P Haste  
                 P Magic missile         P Cat's grace
                 P Magic missile         P Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P ear pierce scream     P Levitate

LEVEL 04               LEVEL 05             LEVEL 6
* Blk Tentacles (E)    * Elemental body [E] * Forceful Hand
* Dimension door       * Fire Snake         * Forceful Hand
* Stone Shape          * Lightning Arc      * Form of the dragon 1 (E)
* Stone skin           * Teleport           * Tar Pool (E) 
* Summon monster 4 (E) * Wall of force                   
P Stone skin

[sblock=Spell Book:] 
Level 00   
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights 
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message 
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation 

Level 01 
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing Scream * Endure-Elements (E) 
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile 
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness 

Level 02   
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E) 
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility 
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life 

Level 03   
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste 
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly 

Level 04   
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin 
* summ monst IV [E] 

Level 05   
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport 
* Wall of Force 

Level 06 
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form-of-the-dragon I   

[/sblock]  
( - ) denotes a cast spell     
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)   
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat) 
(E) elemental: flame school   
(ev) evocation 
(A) denotes changed to acid 
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast 
(#) recalled via pearl of power 
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]:)[/]

Remove ads