• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mystic Theurge Build

FireLance

Legend
interwyrm said:
I was saying that it should be arcane caster level 3rd so that characters could enter with 3 levels of sorc, warlock, warmage, etc. I know, house rule.
Arcane/divine caster level 3 does open it up to rule abuse. A Clr 2/Wiz 1 with Practised Spellcaster (cleric) and Practised Spellcaster (wizard) can qualify for the PrC :p.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
FireLance said:
Arcane/divine caster level 3 does open it up to rule abuse. A Clr 2/Wiz 1 with Practised Spellcaster (cleric) and Practised Spellcaster (wizard) can qualify for the PrC :p.

Just do what I do and give sorcerers 0 spells of the next spell level at each odd level instead of "--". Let them have one spell known, and cast with only bonus spell slots. I suppose the same could be done with favoured soul as well.

melkorspawn

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
It would work for an archivist, but not for a favoured soul. Unless you manage to find a way to get Arcane Preparation to work on your spontaneous divine spells...

I took a look at archivist. It's mighty neat. So much so, that I might abandon the MT completely in favor of an equally flavourful staight archivist build.

interwyrm

First Post
FireLance said:

Hrm. That is a valid point. It's overly wordy to say 3 levels in an arcane spellcasting class, 3 levels in a divine spellcasting class.(which lets you do it with ranger and paladin too, though that's pointless rather than abusive.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads