• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mystic Theurge CA Build!

RolandOfGilead

First Post
Sorcerer 1 / Divine Soul 4 / Mystic theurge 2 (7th level character, casts as 7th level Sorc, though only spell list of 3rd level sorc, and 6th level divine soul. see below!)

Ok, here is my myst. theurge build:

Str 10
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 17

Feats:
Precocious Apprentice (gives the sorc a 2nd level spell and spell slot)
Practiced Spellcaster (Boosts sorcerer Caster level to 7)
Draconic Heritage
Draconic Claw

Each time you cast a spell, you get a free claw attack! (1d6 damage). Your bab isnt great (+4) But your saves are (Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11!)

Spells:
Favoured Soul:
0th - Detect Magic, Create Water, Cure minor Wounds, Light, Read Magic, Mending)
1st - (6)
2nd - (5)
3rd - (3)

Sorceror:
0th - (5)
1st - (3)
2nd - (1)

Can Cast:
Sorceror 6/6/1 and Divine Soul 6/7/6/4

Any suggestions on my known spell slots? I am thinking of Vigor - Mass Lesser for one of my 3rd level favoured soul slots. and vigor - lesser for one of my first levels. Shocking grasp would be nice with the free claw attack.. hehe. or chill touch..

what do you say?

Thanee

First Post
What is Divine Soul or where is it found? Can't see anything like this in CA (neither that Precocious Apprentice feat). :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Oh, but how exactly does that qualify for MT then?

Must be that feat, which I still have no idea where it is from...
CA? At least I couldn't find it there amongst the new feats.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Ah, thank you. That was certainly hard to find. :)

So, this is an optional feat and I doubt most DMs would allow this to circumvent the MT prerequisites.

Bye
Thanee

jshelky

First Post
Also, as a quick note neither Sorceror or Favored Soul get Knowledge Religion as a class skill so how does a 4th level character get 6 ranks of a cross class skill?

jshelky

First Post
Oops, my bad that would be a 5th level character not 4th but still wouldn't qualify, I was so busy trying to wish my copy of CA to arrive so I could see if this actually works (assuming cleric or some other divine class with Knowledge religion) that I can't do basic math.

RolandOfGilead

First Post
You're correct!

You're correct, I just assumed favoured soul got knowledge: religion.

However, the combination is just as valid, if not worse with a cleric.

Sorceror 1/Cleric 3/Eldritch Master 3
Cast as cleric 6, sorceror 4, oh and btw w/ true necromancer out of Libris Mortis you would eventially cast as cleric 18/Sorceror 16. Still pretty good, only partly ability dependent. at high wisdom and charisma would actually benefit your divine feats... still a potent combination.

I even considered going warmage /cleric which would make you pretty darned powerful, and with "Battle caster" Would let you wear mithril platemail and still cast all your spells... nice and beefy.

Last edited:

RolandOfGilead

First Post
Excuse me, mystic theurge not eldritch master.

Anyway, thanee, regarding not allowing it, if the DM allows the feat, then based on the prerequisites for Mystic Theurge, how could you rationalize refusing it? The best refuge is to disallow the feat.

Disregarding that debate though, what about Draconic Claw from CA?
isnt it a little unbalanced? I mean, I cast chill touch, and touch my for for 1d6 damage +1 str. Then as a swift action, I get another claw attack at 1d6 Not to mention another touch with the chill touch if I hit. so 1st level sorceror pumps out 3d6 damage in 2 attacks. :)

Remove ads