Naeronite relationship with dragons/chromatic dragons

Northman

First Post
I am back from being out of town. :)

Here's my last word on the subject. The worshipers listed on the god's stats are typical worshipers. That's not a place to put possible worshipers, but the normal ones. There will always be unusual worshipers and rare ones. They don't need to be listed.

In the same vein, I wouldn't list rare exceptions in the god description unless it warrents it. The relationship between evil dragons and Nearon definitely does need to be clarified.

Good to be back.

Northman

First Post
I noticed another issue while reading the write up.

If I'm the only one who cares, I'll shut up.

Nearon is still the enemy of Trandim, locked in perpetual combat with him... his "children" vs. Trandim's. Good dragons vs. Evil dragons. Yet Nearon is no longer evil... So why does he want to continue in this struggle? If he has left evil dragons out of his portfolio then he should no longer be evolved in this struggle. I can already hear the questions from my player on this.

Can we remove the part about that struggle? Or say that Nearon has stopped being active in this conflict as his views and morals have changed. There may be tension, but no outright conflict.

Remember that dragons are the iconic good and evil. Chromatic dragons are the embodiment of evil, Metalic draogns are the emobodiment of good. If a netural cleric of Nearon comes upon a good dragon, the enemy of his god... how could he do anything other than try to destroy the good dragon? And wouldn't that act be evil? How would that work in a party of good and neutral characters? Ah... my head hurts. :)

So there it is. Again, if I'm the only one who cares, I'll shut my trap. The difference is I have a player playing a cleric of Nearon who is completely into his character and wants to delve in deep. We just keep hitting snags along the way.

Emiricol

I think we should ultimately have a god who isn't broken (not saying it is now, but...).

If he's still evil, he is still the god of evil dragons. If he's no longer evil, the evil dragons won't be among his typical worshippers anymore (clerically speaking). He could still have a beef with Trandim - gods have long memories.

Anyway Silverglass should be back in the saddle soon if he isn't already.

Remove ads