"Necessary Evil" IC

Insight

Adventurer
"I think I may have a plan..." Siren thinks to the group while circling near the base.

[sblock=plan] Not sure how much you guys want to fight your way through this(Well I think we know Hellis' view), but I think this may work for getting us in and out virtually undetected.
Siren uses Extra Effort to Power Stunt an "Affects Other" To her Underwater breathing, essentially 'breathing for' Sorceress (See mermaids in any tv show/movie), while guiding her into the pool.
Cybermind loops the cameras so they don't see anything happening in the sub pool (just the sub sitting there).
Sorceress creates her portal, everybody comes through into sub, cybermind disables any security/tracking on the sub, and we take off.
Brick and Hellis stand by to beat heads in case we're discovered.

Hopefully by the time a patrol physically enters the room and notices the sub missing, we're far enough away that they can't follow.
Thoughts?
[/sblock]

"That seems plausible," Cybermind replies. "If anyone does chase us, I can deploy the extra sub to stall them."

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I assume there's a moon pool for the subs to exit via, where is that on the map, and have siren/cybermind found any patrols/security in/near the pool?
*Also, she is using her dynamic powers to show an illusion that she's just a school of fish swimming around in case any fins are swimming nearby*[/sblock]
[sblock=plan] Not sure how much you guys want to fight your way through this(Well I think we know Hellis' view), but I think this may work for getting us in and out virtually undetected.
Siren uses Extra Effort to Power Stunt an "Affects Other" To her Underwater breathing, essentially 'breathing for' Sorceress (See mermaids in any tv show/movie), while guiding her into the pool.
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]The whole hangar is in the rightmost building in the map. The moon pool is pretty much in the middle. The Fins patrol outside on the land, not in the water.

Is Underwater Breating not a permanent power? So no powerstunting it. But the Sorceress could surely powerstunt waterbreathing of her magic array.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“The plan sounds good to me. I could provide myself with the means to breathe underwater. If we have a few hours, I could prepare a magical ritual for it, if we are in a hurry, it will be a bit more strenuous, but should work equally well,” the Sorceress says, when Siren proposes her plan to get to the subs.

Insight

Adventurer
"Underwater breathing apparatus technology is so simple... It is barely something to keep my attention. Pardon me if I nod off for a bit..."

Cybermind pantomines sleeping for a second.

"I could take any spare parts found around this place and keep us breathing underwater for hours on end. Do we have fifteen minutes for me to whip up a few modules?"

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Absolutely. If you can put something together, that would be great, then I can save my power for later, and we can all go together.”

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Last question before I can start the action:

Who will be in the water?
I assume all are consent with Siren's plan.
BTW, doing incantations to do her magic may be a bit difficult for the Sorceress while diving...

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: I will need to check the rules for crafting underwater breathing devices and how long it will take. Cybermind should be able to do it, but I will need to look at my book to see what kind of time frame we're talking about.

EDIT: I've had a chance to look at the book. According to the Craft - Electronics skill (that seems the most likely skill and the only one in which Cybermind is trained), such a device should be Simple (something like an electronic timer, detonator, tripwire trap, or bookcase) or possibly Moderate (like a radio direction finder, lock, engine component, shed, or furniture. If it is Simple, it is a DC 15 Craft - Electronics check; otherwise, it is DC 20. Time is a factor as well. If the device is considered Simple, Cybermind can make 1 per hour; otherwise, it's 1 per 12 hours. Cybermind can halve the time by taking a -5 penalty to the check. This seems do-able if it is a Simple device; otherwise, Cybermind's bonus is not high enough to even make the attempt.

So, the first question for WD is whether an underwater breathing device would be Simple or Moderate. If it's Moderate, it's going to be 12 hours per attempt and that delays the group significantly. Otherwise, Cybermind could take the -5 (making it a DC 20 check) and crank one out every half-hour.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Perhaps you could create such a device once we are onboard, in case it is needed later. For now, I could provide the protection we require to swim in."

[sblock=ooc]
I think the simplest would be for Siren to do a Power Stunt, on her Psychic array as WD suggested earlier (as her underwater breathing is innate and cant be stunted).
AP: Secret Atlantean Technique:
Immunity Rank 3: High Pressure, Cold Environments, Drowning, Affects Other - 6pp
Swimming Rank 2: 5 mph, Affects Other - 4 pp

Hmm, I could use the Progression feat twice on the thing making it cost 12pp and affect the whole group. Siren ends up slightly winded, but everybody can go, no need to wait, and Cybermind could make the invention(s) while the sub is en route so they don't have to rely on Siren if they need to go swimming again later.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
You all swim silently through the dark water, led by Siren and communicating through hand gestures with each other. The electronic alarms you approach as you enter the moon pool proximity are quickly countered by Cybermind.

The subs have just come into viewing distance, the water around him lightened by the lightening of the maintenance hall.

Remove ads