"Necessary Evil" OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
Um, Every time I try to go into the new RG, I get a MALWARE DETECTED warning from google chrome that the thread
contains content from pgwebdesign.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Thanee

First Post
Maybe that is in some of the advertisements littering this place?

It is highly doubtful, that it has anything to do with the RG thread.

Might be better to post that in Meta or PM Morrus about it.

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
It has, this is the link to the picture @Voda Vosa posted:

[noscript]http://pgwebdesign.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Ares-greek-god-war-character-design.jpg[/noscript]

Please remove the link/picture or load it up on another site!

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
B/c that's how sonar works, and I wanted her to have sonar. Think bats/dolphins. Ping.. there's something there, even though i can't see it.. ping..
But this is not the sense you buy... you character isn't emitting high frequenzy sounds that are reflected by his surroundings. You bought accurately pinpointing the source of ultrasonic sounds.

i'll drop the precise and add an extra rank. I dont see this ability working very often anyways, considering it's opposed and not maxed.
That is fine.

Then please remove the "dynamic" in the line.

OK, so here's my take:
Power attack's only functioning on the blast damage, has nothing to do with the stun. Ordinarily I'd have taken power attack as a normal advantage, but I wanted to represent that she can put more oomf into this single attack.
Accurate/Homing should only be needed for the blast, b/c it's only one attack roll. Linked effects don't require you to spend more points to up your attack roll for the linked effect which doesn't make an attack roll.

Not sure whats up with Indirect, Direction doesn't seem to affect the affliction at all.. besides, it's just there for fun b/c i had a couple 'extra points' (B/c the power limit was 40). If it's a big deal I'll just drop it.
My take is different... it isn't a side effect occurring with the hit, but a separate effect/power that has to be affecting the same target, but has to be used together with the same action.. It is only one attack roll, but that is why the two linked powers should have the same bonus and chance to hit. You don't gain accurate homing etc for free by linking powers.

Jemal

Adventurer
But this is not the sense you buy... you character isn't emitting high frequenzy sounds that are reflected by his surroundings. You bought accurately pinpointing the source of ultrasonic sounds.
That's how 'sonar' was written 2e so I just took the same powers in 3e.

Then please remove the "dynamic" in the line.
Sorry, didn't even see it there, thought I'd gotten it.

My take is different... it isn't a side effect occurring with the hit, but a separate effect/power that has to be affecting the same target, but has to be used together with the same action.. It is only one attack roll, but that is why the two linked powers should have the same bonus and chance to hit. You don't gain accurate homing etc for free by linking powers.

i wholeheartedly disagree, but you're the dm. Guess I'll drop the indirect for it. So in that case when I do anything to the primary it affects the secondary too, eh? so power attack would up the save dc of the linked affliction, as would a crit. good to know

Walking Dad

First Post
That's how 'sonar' was written 2e so I just took the same powers in 3e.
The detail I dislike is the accurate on the ultrasonic only part. I sounds like a cheap way to buy accurate for all your audio. Please say in which case full accurate audio is better than only ultrasonic audio. If I can see the value, I will allow it as you intended.

Sorry, didn't even see it there, thought I'd gotten it.
Thanks

i wholeheartedly disagree, but you're the dm. Guess I'll drop the indirect for it. So in that case when I do anything to the primary it affects the secondary too, eh? so power attack would up the save dc of the linked affliction, as would a crit. good to know
Yes, both will increase the afflictions save DC.

jkason

First Post
Firstly: Vacation Notice

I had nearly none of the time I thought I'd have over the weekend to get ready for my trip, so between having to do crunch in the prep for that and trying to get my ducks in a row for a long absence from work, I don't expect I'll have Brick's fixes done before I leave. My apologies.

Jemal

Adventurer
the ultrasonic was just in there b/c it seemed to make more sense for sonar, if you dislike that then i'll just drop the ultrasonic part and make normal hearing accurate, fixes the problem AND costs less.

Remove ads