• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need funny cake idea for gamer's wedding anniversary

X

xnosipjpqmhd

One of the players in my group has a wedding anniversary coming up, so we thought we'd decorate a cake with a funny saying and celebrate with the couple this Saturday. (His wife doesn't game, but we like her anyway.)

Trouble is, I need something clever to put on the cake.

I have a few ideas...
- A mock character sheet for him with funny entries like "Treasure Type: none (see wife)" etc.
- "Bill & Melinda... a marriage made in heaven a lawful/good outer plane."

but they aren't truly inspired, so if you can think of something better, post it here! THANKS!

Torm

Explorer
Shades of Green said:
A cake in the shape of a six-sided die?
I was actually thinking if the number of the anniversary would fit, a cake cut and decorated as TWO six-siders, with the number showing, would be neat. But 1 won't work for that. So maybe one big d6, with the one up?

Make the cake top look like a gridded dungeon floor (similar to Dungeon Tiles) and place some miniatures on it in the arrangement of a wedding ceremony.

X

xnosipjpqmhd

Some good ideas! Keep 'em coming!

Riffing on the dice idea, I could put "happy 1 year anniversary" with the being shown on a d20, which is marginally humorous since "rolling a 1" is akin to a botch.

X

xnosipjpqmhd

I like the miniatures idea, too, and could get some humor there by representing the groom as a big ugly ogre... :)

Asmor

First Post
Perhaps the wrong type of game, but if they're into it, how about a meeple cake? (For non-board gamers, meeples are the iconic figures of Carcasonne. Google)

Actually, I now know what I want my wedding cake to be... hmm....

Remove ads