• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help creatinng cheap golems

Victor Ograygor

First Post
I need help defending my stronghold and need golem´s what golem´s are good and cheap.
are there othe thing i can use as guards (monsters)????????????

Treebore

First Post
Is your character a wizard or cleric powerful enough to make any golems? That is about as cheap as your going to get. As for monsters that guard, think of all the guardian monsters you have ran into in other adventures, and think about how you can get hold of them. Your level is going to determine a lot of what you can do.

Stalker0

Legend
You might be able to convince your dm to let you create cheaper but weaker golems.

Instead of a large iron golem, how about a medium one? Reduce his hitdice perhaps.

Ghostmoon

First Post
Dragon Magazine recently introduced a number of lesser golems in the article "Lesser Golems: Automatons For Amateurs" by Campbell Pentney in Issue 341. They included the Fungus Golem, Junk Golem, Paper Golem, Tin Golem, Wax Golem, Wood Golem.

IcyCool

First Post
Dreadguard from MM2 are also a potentially viable option. I think their creation price was changed in the 3.5 update booklet.

Ilium

First Post
Golemcraft 101 is, in fact, excellent. If you can convince your GM to let you use it you can custom-design everything from Tiny household servants to Huge war machines.

Remove ads