NeMoren's Vault III: Return to the dungeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The little gnome in the red robe frowns at Nebin, and goes behind a rock to adjust his unmentionables. Then he claps his hands, and some disreputable-looking humanoids lower a ladder into the pit so that Hennet, Vadania and the suit of armor can get down. "See ya in a few," one growls to Mialee. winking lewdly. They're about to remove the ladder when the summoned demon runs up, puffing slightly.

"Iii brrrrouggghhhht Starrrrbuckkkks," it rumbles. "Whoooo wannntttttss aa latte'? Mmmmmm, frrrotthhy!"

The gnome in red checks his clipboard. "Okey dokey, who was where? Hennet was in the pit saving Vadania, and Alhandra was nearby. Jozan was giving Regdar a backrub while Lidda and Mialee...." He looks up, clearly annoyed. "Okay, who changed out my campaign notes? Well?"

OOC: we'll get to the real adventure, never fear. I thought some banter might be a fun way to start, though.

Last edited:

Ma'varkith

First Post
"Looks like we're going to need to take our places soon, Reg. Let's go - we'll hock those things after the shoot and get some ale. Maybe a whore for you and a tattoo for me, eh?"

After double-checking her gear and looking over her script, Ma' puts the medals away and makes her way to the dungeon corridor where she and the others fought the armor.

Kerwyn

First Post
Kerwyn steps out of a nearby shadow.

“Hi everyone! Am I late? Ah, I see, we did not begin yet. Good.”

“Could anyone fill me (everyone) in with what happened before we got suspended? My memory is a bit clouded. I remember the armor, which I tried to get shut down with that mirror, before I 'handed' it to Jozan, who had more luck (or a guiding hand) with it. I think the room, where this combat was performed, should be clear by now (except for some muddy pool of water). Anything else? Am I hurt, still?”

“And how is the fight in the pit going? And I also remember another part of our group heading down a burrowed corridor and chatting with some goblins/bugbears/whatever?”

“A quick summary of what has happened would be great!”

Last edited:

Vadania

Explorer
Huh?

I thought sure that we were out of that pit. In fact, I distnctly remember getting these chivelrous fools up the rope before I did, and then quaffing a Cure Light Wouds potion while Hennet's summoned nasty faded away.

How'd we get back down here? Do I still have my potion?

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
Luckily, Jozan is talking on his cell phone and so misses Regdar's little fantasy scenario. "Yes, that's right. If d20 Cthulhu wants a reputable Evil Cult Leader, one with experience, they have to pay top dollar." He makes a face. "No! Absolutely not! Ok, maybe tentacles, but absolutely no exposed brains." He listens quietly for a moment. "Hmmm. Possibly. Pointy ears fit the parameters, don't they?" He glances around, sees Mialee nearby, and grins. "I'll work on it. Yeah. Later."

Jozan clips his phone shut and tucks it into his armor. Then he rubs his hands together. "I don't know about the director's notes, but I certainly remember where I was before the regrettable cessation of our little campaign." He adjusts his helmet and checks his weapons. "I was in the hallway, there, running to give Pelor's aid to those screaming for help from the pit."

As Jozan heads for his spot, her pauses near Mialee and murmurs quietly, "If you're ready to blow off those lame soda commercials and step into a golden opportunity, come see me during our next break. I've got something going that I think you would be perfect for." He winks. "Two words: Cult Priestess. Think about it."

Mialee

First Post
I remember that in a moment worthy of a David Cramer 1/4 page illustration, Krusk, Lidda and I were working on an INGENIOUS plan to ambush some orcy hobgobliny things. You remember, don't you, my crimson robed gnomish friend? Lidda was floating towards the ceiling, and Krusk and I were making our move.

Mialee pauses to lean over to Jozan, who is speaking quietly to her.

Hmm. Evil Cult Priestess. I like it. How much does it pay? I'd love to blow off the "lame soda commercials", but let's face it- Pepsi pays fat scratch. I'm pulling down six bills a commercial, here... We should talk about this. Could you have their people call my people? Let's get this ball rolling.

Mialee pauses to light up a Virginia Slims, speaks loudly to room

Hey, c'mon! Chop-chop! We've been making good money with outside projects until now, and we're not being paid to sit around waiting for the set dressers to finish their work.

You- what's your name? Sancho? Whatever. Make sure whoever gets Lidda's name knows that Lidda needs to have cotton wads in her trailer. Lots of them. I don't know... about yay big. Don't ask what for, just do it or I'll have your butt shipped back to the Scarred Lands.

We're making magic here, people! Let's go!

Quietly, to Ma'varkith
Roleplaying pays the bills, but what I really want to do is Dungeonmaster.

Ma'varkith

First Post
Mialee said:
Quietly, to Ma'varkith
Roleplaying pays the bills, but what I really want to do is Dungeonmaster.

Ma' leans in and glances about quickly.

"You know, Piratecat's dressing room door was ajar when I walked past it. I couldn't help but notice that there were two or three more red robes hanging on a rack..."

Ma'varkith continues on to her position, leaving Mialee to ponder the implications of this revelation...

Lidda

First Post
I'm here! I'm here!

Sorry I'm late, but there was a bit of a mix up with my scheduling. I just got back from promoting a tape called "Halflings Gone Wild". It only costs 9 gold, 9 silver, and 5 copper!

Hennet

First Post
Pit fight

Vadania, you are right that the plan was for me to shimmy up the rope and then you were following while the demon kept the armor busy for a round or two. And that is what we said we did.

However, we never received any confirmation from PC about it--his increasingly lengthy trailor breaks had kicked in and he was on about his fifth "nerve tonic" that day--I think it was right before he went to the Clinic. And (I hear from a certain gnome with a penchant for boysenbarry schnapps) rehab can play havoc with your memory so I guess we're taking it from the top.

At least that's how I remember it--but it's been a long time.

Last edited:

Mialee

First Post
Lidda! Good to see you. I assume you're a different wizard behind the curtain, eh? Well, I'm sure you'll do fine. I've known two Liddas in my time, and both were excellent.

Now...
PIRATECAT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads