D&D (2024) Nerf to magic users?

Has anyone seen this? He claims to have gotten some leaked info for the next play test packet. Sounds like the Wizard will be scaled back to 1e/2e style wizards.

I'm skeptical, I guess we will see.

Edit to add correct video

Eubani

Legend
The guy just read from 1st ed and claimed that this is what some designers were talking about adding to the game. As much as lips touched grog butt cheek in earlier design, we will not see 1st ed rules ported into 5E24. The Society for Spellcasting Supremacy will never allow the 1st ed rules for limiting spellcasters to happen again. Having said that I would agree with them in this case as it would be a mechanical mismatch with current rule design, also the main thing that needs to occur is an overhaul of spell design more so than spellcasting mechanic design.

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
They got high % on the survey, multiple times in a row. So I really doubt they will make any further changes.

I do expect changes to some individual spells though. (I.e. Similacrum).

Not sure why he's reading original D&D books.

Vaalingrade

Legend
On the one hand, Vancian Casting is a plague upon gaming.

On the other, maybe Wizards deserve that plague.

On the other other, witchhunt against Youtubers aside, The Rules Lawyer constantly defends PF2's Vancian-ness, so it's not like he's suggesting this is happening to defame WotC.

Remove ads