D&D 4E New 4E attack icon smilies

Aria Silverhands

First Post
To add on to what Jedrious said, it's possible to create an ability that has: Recharge 1 6 or Recharge 2 5. Any combination of dice you want. Also, if you have multiple abilities on the monster, they don't all recharge on a six. They only recharge when their number comes up.

Staffan

Legend
Irda Ranger said:
EDIT: In case it's not clear, :area: is area blast, and :close: is close burst. Close blast would probably similar to Area blast, and Area Wall would have to be a new graphic. Maybe just a square with some brickwork lines?
I think you're confusing burst and blast there - AFAIK, there's no such thing as an area blast. But anyway, in both the MM and D&DM, the :area: icon is used both for bursts and walls, and the :close: icon is used both for bursts and blasts. For example:

:close: Atropos burst (standard; encounter; recharges when a living creature drops to 0 hit points within the atropal's aura) * Necrotic
Close burst 5; +27 vs Reflex; 4d8+5 necrotic damage, and the target loses 1 healing surge. The atropal gains 1 action point if it hits any targets with atropus burst

:close: Terror gaze (minor; at-will) * Fear
Close blast 3; +24 vs Will; Target is immobilized (save ends).

And I don't think there are any monsters with non-burst area attacks in the MM.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Staffan said:
But anyway, in both the MM and D&DM, the :area: icon is used both for bursts and walls, and the :close: icon is used both for bursts and blasts.
That's a bug, not a feature.

Staffan said:
And I don't think there are any monsters with non-burst area attacks in the MM.
This is relevant to PC power cards / character sheets how?

Green Knight

First Post
Daelkyr said:
Well, It took a month of upheavel at work (and a night of insomnia), but I finally got D&D 4e Icons v3 finished. I reworked the key mapping to match locustus' recommendations. I also finished making dice that match what you'll find in the PHB and MM. Nice, round, and beautiful. Finally, I found that the MM uses a icon for staged poison and disease effects. So I kit bashed a set of those as well. Be advised that those two icons have NO spacing between them so they can be placed right next to each other like in the book.

Hope this helps the community crank out some stellar 4e goodness.

- Josh

What do I have to do to use them in word files and such (computer illiterate)? Thanks.

Daelkyr

First Post
If your using Windows, open My Computer --> WINDOWS --> Fonts. Then simply take your unzipped font and drag-n-drop into the Fonts folder and watch it update. Then you should be able to locate it in your fonts folder/drop list in word programs.

(If you already downloaded my v2 font, than delete it from the Fonts folder first or else you will get an error.)

- Josh

encoded

First Post
Daelkyr said:
Well, It took a month of upheavel at work (and a night of insomnia), but I finally got D&D 4e Icons v3 finished. I reworked the key mapping to match locustus' recommendations. I also finished making dice that match what you'll find in the PHB and MM. Nice, round, and beautiful. Finally, I found that the MM uses a icon for staged poison and disease effects. So I kit bashed a set of those as well. Be advised that those two icons have NO spacing between them so they can be placed right next to each other like in the book.

Hope this helps the community crank out some stellar 4e goodness.

- Josh

Awesome work, thanks!

I've generated some pretty good quality SVGs of melee, ranged, close, area, melee basic, and ranged basic... Hit me with a PM if those would be useful for you in your font work (I have no idea what goes into making a font.)

Or you know, just in case you want a really big red ranged basic icon. :)

e.

Last edited:

Pennarin

Explorer
Using what you guys created, I built this monster format template. Simply type over the text and numbers with new information to replicate the same appearance as in the MM.

I also created this alternate Gnoll Brute (Leader), to go along with the one in the MM (the Gnoll Demonic Scourge).

Enjoy!

P.S. Thanks all for the wonderful work on the icons, splendid!

Attachments

• Monster Template.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Gnoll Gnasher.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 219

jedrious

First Post
Pennarin said:
Using what you guys created, I built this monster format template. Simply type over the text and numbers with new information to replicate the same appearance as in the MM.

I also created this alternate Gnoll Brute (Leader), to go along with the one in the MM (the Gnoll Demonic Scourge).

Enjoy!

P.S. Thanks all for the wonderful work on the icons, splendid!
Excelent implementation Pennarin

Remove ads