• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Discussion Thread

Phoenix8008

First Post
Very good idea. I love our adventure with phoenix but one annot say he's been a generous DM :D (not complaining phoenix... I know you'll reward us ;))
It's coming, Atanatotatos, it's coming... You're gonna EARN it though! :devil: Trust me, it'll be worth it. BTW, I love the idea of item wish lists on the character sheets. As a DM, that will make choosing items easier. If my players will add such a list to their sheets, I'll be happy to look them over and see what I can accommodate in the fairly near future. ;)

As for character links in the sig, I already have mine but I rarely leave my signature in most posts. Especially in game threads. I agree about having a link to it in the first post of a game thread being sufficient.

CaBaNa

First Post
I was unaware there was even an option to drop the signature from a specific post... How would I accomplish that? Is it normal etiquette to do so in game?

Speaking of signature, I've seen the mini stats, but have no idea how to make one. Are we talking about that, or what I already have i.e. the link to my character sheet?

[sblock=edit]HA, SeaPainter just addressed my question of how to make a mini stat... should have read my adventure before the new thread... I'm off to work, hoping for a slow day in the winery so that I can goof off and game![/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
If anyone's bored and wants to play with 4e monsters, here's a non-L4W project I'm doing just for kicks: Monster Mash. Briefly, each contestant gets 2000 xp to build a team of monsters, then the teams compete in a tournament.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I'd just like to draw a little attention to Don Incognito's very clever use of a monster's combat abilities to reveal some plot in his adventure.

A little background for those who haven't been following: we were hired to find Rebekkah, a missing street artist. We eventually found out where she used to sleep, and then headed there to see what we could find out. What we found there was Rebekkah herself, though horribly twisted, and apparently multiplied. The Rebekkah-things have a scream-ish attack that does psychic damage, and in describing the psychic damage he's given us little teasers as to what actually happened to her.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Should we make a List? As long as I don't get handed a +1 anything other than spiked chain, I could care less. While random isn't fun, surprises are!

Also, Sessadore, I totally and briefly considered that idea [of making a duo of avengers]. One person could do each side of the class's abilities and give a great look at how its possible to pull off completely different builds with one class.

And, I have to agree with how Don is doing the monster fight. It's ingenious! I never would have thought of anything like it but I love every description of it! Too bad Les didn't get hit by any "insight." haha. I assume the others will bring it up after the fight though.

EDIT: I was reading through the Twelve Gods page and some online articles on the Greek gods when this story just sort of wrote itself...I may use it as inspiration for an Avenger once the PHB II is out and approved.
[sblock=Spears of Enlightenment]
Matters of religion, they said. Let the gods handle it if they want to, and they laughed. Those foolish politicians in their marble citadels and golden chairs do not consider the consequences of what they say. Aye, let the gods handle it. And so we, her champions, shall. Let us see their smiles when rosy red blood stains the halls of their council.

Ayria crept down the stone-cobbled street, her mind furious and raving from the story she had been told. Smugglers transporting illegal merchandise in the open, and the Council even knew about it! By Juna, she wouldn't stand for it. It was very well that Father Iolus had chosen her for this task. Justice would be brought about this night.

A calloused hand stroked the smooth wood of the spear strapped loosely to her back. She itched to draw it and run head-first into the building before her. Its darkened windows and locked doors would bar her entry for but a moment. She quickly set to work, focusing her skill and dedication into the task at hand. The small, iron implements she pulled from a black leather case each bore a symbol of Juna's cult upon them. A gavel, a balance, a peacock and a diadem were but a few of these. She quickly inserted two tools into the lock and moved them carefully around. A quiet tick signaled that the simple lock was no match for Juna's divine retribution.

The spearwoman stood up from her crouched position and stepped away from the door. There could be armed men inside. There very likely would be many of them. She was no doubt outnumbered. These thoughts were but flitting whispers in her mind and did not frighten her in the bit. If it was indeed her day to die then Juna would take her into the Seven Pools of Enlightenment with joy. Ayria lifted one heavy-booted foot and kicked the door open. It slammed against a pile of wooden crates nearby and broken wood spun across the floor inside. She didn't even hesitate to look before sprinting beyond into the torchlight.

Six men and two women were unpacking crates filled with felt-wrapped packages. Juna's anger solidified in the form of the small woman impaling the closest man on her spear. She left the pierced, quickly cooling body as it was and drew another from her back.

Your deed have earned you ill repute. Today, this cartel is finished. You will no longer spread the seeds of poison within this city to our unknowing populace. Face the justice you so easily evaded with gilded pockets and silvered tongues. The Council has no place in the bloody deeds of the just.

Ayria did not waste time simply scolding these fools. She used her words as a distraction, slinging them like javelins into the minds of the smugglers. She dashed back and forth across the warehouse tearing into them. Her spear spun in her hands laying open flesh. One man tried to run, his howls of fear echoing off the bare walls ad ceiling. Ayria's face was a grim smile of ecstasy. She did enjoy battle, nor blood, but this was not some futile fight. This was pure justice and the light of Juna shined through her to sear the hearts of evil. And it was this that filled her with joy.

The man finally stood with his back to a wall, his hands dropped the sword he had so pathetically wielded not moments before. “Please, No! I..I have children! And a wife! I am poor, we need money!” The woman just shook her head at him as she approached, her spear tapping at the floor in rhythm to her next words.

Oh, there are ways, weak-hearted fool that do not bring poison. You would stand by your work only when it involves watching others perish for want? No, no, Juna does not approve. You see, there is no mercy...

Her last words were punctuated by the sound of her spear stabbing straight and true. The man fell to his knees. His eyes looked up at her and his mouth opened but no words came forth. His corpse fell to the ground, his children, wherever they were, now fatherless. There was no remorse in the eyes of his killer.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
So, half-what silly question but serious none-the-less.

How do we buy real-estate in game? Do we just sort of ...write it in? The reason I ask is because there is, technically, a mechanical benefit for it. If, obviously much further in the future, players have excess items that they don't want to carry around (but want to keep) where should they store them?

CaBaNa

First Post
I think you can basically just say you have a house, but gain no mechanical benefit from anything in the house. When you leave an Item you specifically have been awarded or bought, I think you could use that. I think it's addressed in the Official Character Creation Guide But it may be elsewhere. I remember reading it though.

This is all from a newbie.

Now on to my topic:

I may use my next level up to multiclass warlord. martial power is likely to be ruled on by then, so I may have multiple options as to what feat I take to accomplish that.

That is just a side note for the real issue.

When PHB2 becomes legal, I will likely want to multiclass Druid. Could I retrain the multiclass Warlord feat for the multiclass Druid feat? Changing the benefits garnered by warlord to match the new feat?
What if I have taken the Novice Power feat? does that auto change, or will it have to wait until a new level to retrain as well?

Looking for clarity before I make decisions.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
I may use my next level up to multiclass warlord. martial power is likely to be ruled on by then, so I may have multiple options as to what feat I take to accomplish that.

That is just a side note for the real issue.

When PHB2 becomes legal, I will likely want to multiclass Druid. Could I retrain the multiclass Warlord feat for the multiclass Druid feat? Changing the benefits garnered by warlord to match the new feat?
What if I have taken the Novice Power feat? does that auto change, or will it have to wait until a new level to retrain as well?

Looking for clarity before I make decisions.

You can re-train your entry multi-class feat just as you can any other feat. My understanding is that if you do so and have power-swap feats, you can then also swap all relevant powers related to your power swap feats.

Remove ads