New Discussion Thread

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Oh, come on, winning through impossible odds and surviving by the skin of your teeth is fun! (At least, that's what I'm trying to sell Larinza...)
Hard to sell me anything when I'm unconcious.

I was just thinking, rather than tell each DM we play under our "shopping list" each time we play a new adventure, what if we added a shopping list section to the Character sheets

That way DM's could look when taking on a player and plan to drop an item from the list into the adventure.

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Atanatotatos

First Post
Very good idea. I love our adventure with phoenix but one annot say he's been a generous DM :D (not complaining phoenix... I know you'll reward us ;))

Don Incognito

First Post
I submitted Lorik, who uses a smidgeon of Martial Power material (Footwork Lure as one of his at-wills and Group Assault as his first feat). Neither of these have been presented as overtly broken material, so I'm assuming he will get approved. I don't see why discussions over the power level of BRV should prevent me from making use of other, more appropriate material from the book.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm afraid we have to be strict on this, and not approve Lorik yet. When the proposal passes, I'm sure he will be fine, but if we allowed non-approved content that will probably be approved soon... Well, I for one am not comfortable opening that particular door.

On the other hand, there's no reason that Lorik can't enter the tavern and even go on adventure, on the hope that MP will be approved before his DM awards XP for the first time.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I don't see why people aren't voting on MP yet. It seems like the discussion's settled down to me: nobody likes Battlerager Vigour, all the arguments about Marked Scourge have been made either way, most people are fine with Tempest Fighter without double weapons, and nothing else is a problem. So let's put it to a vote and find out whether Marked Scourge is in (unlikely), out (50%), or in but houseruled (50%).

Don Incognito

First Post
i don't see why the discussions can't continue, i just don't think that one or two overpowered feats / build options should hold up the rest of the book. just approve MP with the caveat of no BRV / marked scourge, and continue the discussion from there.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Look: I play a fighter. And I'm VERY interested in several non-discussed options from Martial power. Especially since it's a human and I still have that useless sure strike at-will. So this touches me too.
But I'm patient. No one's complaining. Should we start doing exceptions? What if someone comes up next month who wants to play a sorcerer saying he's sure it'll be approved?
Also, there has been talk about implementing some special retraining options for new material, since the discussion does not involve only new characters.

Remove ads