New DM Screen Coming In September

It looks like we know what another of the four unnamed accessories coming this year are! As you may recall, the first turned out to be a book of character sheets; the second, it now transpires, is a new DM Screen coming out September 8th (likely the 19th for non-preferred stores' as that's the date they list for one of the unnamed accessories). This is listed as coming from WotC rather than Gale Force 9. WotC's Nathan Stewart revealed the screen, along with the following photograph -- "On sale at your FLGS Sept 8. That is the DM Screen Reincarnated" I've updated the D&D Release Schedule page accordingly.

It looks like we know what another of the four unnamed accessories coming this year are! As you may recall, the first turned out to be a book of character sheets; the second, it now transpires, is a new DM Screen coming out September 8th (likely the 19th for non-preferred stores' as that's the date they list for one of the unnamed accessories). This is listed as coming from WotC rather than Gale Force 9. WotC's Nathan Stewart revealed the screen, along with the following photograph -- "On sale at your FLGS Sept 8. That is the DM Screen Reincarnated" I've updated the D&D Release Schedule page accordingly.

The second image below (of Matt Mercer on a TV screen) shows the top edge of the new DM Screen. The third shows one side panel from the outside which displays Tyler Jacobson's art from Tyranny of Dragons.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The front panels feature Tyler Jacobson's red dragon from Tyranny of Dragons.

attachment.php

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

raphaelus

Explorer
A single image screen featuring Mr. Jacobson's Art. Yes!

With that said, 1.5 panels for the conditions again annoys me. I can think of all the reasons for it (attractiveness, legibility, etc.), and still think a drawing for each condition is a bad idea. But OK, the screen does utilizes its space better that the previous one.
It may be my first one. :)

pukunui

Legend
Hmm. This one is an improvement over the first one in some areas but not in others. I'll miss the Something Happens! table, and I don't particularly need the new Actions in Combat box. I made up Condition cards that I hand out to all my players, so the Conditions box is pretty much a big waste of space on my screen as well.

I'd have liked to see the Conversation Reactions table, as well as the Weather, Wilderness Navigation, Foraging and Daily Food and Water Needs tables from the DMG get put on the screen instead. Maybe also the Mob Attacks and Targets in Area of Effect tables.

I'm glad to see the Object AC and HP tables, though.

EDIT: I like the look of that landscape character sheet in the third pic. It looks like it's been customized (it's got a picture of a manticore on it, for one thing), but I wonder if it's based on one of the new official sheets from the character sheet set that's coming out soon.

Blitzner

First Post
so much space to actions? Anybody with a few games runned on their back already knows what the actions are, it's not something we have to constantly check.

Hurin70

Adventurer
Looks taller though... at least I think it does. That is an improvement over the currently existing one, which my players can unfortunately see over.

The current one is okay. The random stuff on the screen is handy, but honestly, I have apps and websites bookmarked for that sort of thing. Even if I didn't, it has a super finite number of uses. More rules references are much more preferable.

Honestly though, I already have an awesome one.
I took the 4e screen, stuck some plastic page protectors onto one side (with removable adhesive tabs), then printed out some pages and relevant tables:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxxBV1PW-LILWUh2cjRvTDJUbGc/view

I can write notes on it with wet or dry erasers, and changes the pages when needed for other game systems.

Still, it's nice to see them trying to make improvements.
We have character sheets and the DM Screen "announced". I can't wait to see what the other two products are.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Bought two different DM screens and have been disappointed with them both. Nice artwork on the player side, so it serves as a pretty divider, but the DM side is mostly useless. Wastes too much space on decoration without enough useful tables. I'm not going to be a sucker a third time.

Jhaelen

First Post
After knowing two of the four 'mystery' supplements, I'm getting the feeling that the other two will be equally uninteresting to me... It's probably a dice bag and a set of condition cards/tokens or something of that kind - disappointing!

R

RevTurkey

I think all four mystery items are in the photos...could be wrong but...

D&D GM Screen
D&D Mug
D&D Character Sheets
D&D Dice Set (black with red numbers)

;)

I think all four mystery items are in the photos...could be wrong but...

D&D GM Screen
D&D Mug
D&D Character Sheets
D&D Dice Set (black with red numbers)

;)

Dice and mugs would indeed be awesome. We've seen them around for a while now. It's time we had them. Oh and official D&D black t-shirts with the red dragon ampersand on them would be great too...

Baumi

Adventurer
I prefer the first Screen. I love the NPC and random Tables. They are much more useful for me then repeating obvious staff (what is a cylinder,..).

Conditions and some actions (grappling) are obviously very important, but they could have used much less space for Conditions at least.

Remove ads

Remove ads