New DM Screen Coming In September

It looks like we know what another of the four unnamed accessories coming this year are! As you may recall, the first turned out to be a book of character sheets; the second, it now transpires, is a new DM Screen coming out September 8th (likely the 19th for non-preferred stores' as that's the date they list for one of the unnamed accessories). This is listed as coming from WotC rather than Gale Force 9. WotC's Nathan Stewart revealed the screen, along with the following photograph -- "On sale at your FLGS Sept 8. That is the DM Screen Reincarnated" I've updated the D&D Release Schedule page accordingly.

It looks like we know what another of the four unnamed accessories coming this year are! As you may recall, the first turned out to be a book of character sheets; the second, it now transpires, is a new DM Screen coming out September 8th (likely the 19th for non-preferred stores' as that's the date they list for one of the unnamed accessories). This is listed as coming from WotC rather than Gale Force 9. WotC's Nathan Stewart revealed the screen, along with the following photograph -- "On sale at your FLGS Sept 8. That is the DM Screen Reincarnated" I've updated the D&D Release Schedule page accordingly.

The second image below (of Matt Mercer on a TV screen) shows the top edge of the new DM Screen. The third shows one side panel from the outside which displays Tyler Jacobson's art from Tyranny of Dragons.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The front panels feature Tyler Jacobson's red dragon from Tyranny of Dragons.

attachment.php

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

I use the info on my WotC one almost exclusively as a reminder of Condition effects. It also serves as a hanger for initiative cards and hides my notes, maps and hp tallies. That's it.

Not sure why I'd want a different one. Maybe WotC is discontinuing the one they make?

schnee

First Post
What a hideous waste of space for art.

They'd be much smarter to make the type larger and have more white space so it's easier to read at a glance, in dim light, at an angle.

DM Howard

Explorer
Meh. I think half a panel for conditions would have been more than enough IMO. Better than the other two, but still not great.

Edit: Then again, I REALLY like the player-side artwork (I have it as my wallpaper on all my devices now!) so I may very well pick it up just for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
That red dragon has been my wallpaper for some time, epic DM screen, can't wait to pick this one up. I already bought the mug during the Meltdown Shopping Network event.

CydKnight

Explorer
This is likely what Mercer was cryptic about in his fireside chat last week explaining only "guess you'll find out in September".

Remove ads

Remove ads