New DM seeks interest in PFRPG PBP - Crypt of the Everflame

Rhun

First Post
Perfect, BAJ!!! My PC already conforms to those guidelines.

I'll just have to update the background to fit with the background of the adventure.

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Since I'm new to Pathfinder, I should probably play something generally easy in terms of mechanics. I'm feeling like some sort of secondary fighter, be it ranged or two weaponed, or whatnot. But looking at the pathfinder srd, things look pretty standard, so I'm curious where the deviations lie.

Right, essentially, if you know how to play 3.5, you know how to play PFRPG. There are a couple of large differences that come to mind, such as the CMB/CMD system and sorcerer bloodlines. But most of the other differences are more subtle, which can sneak up on you. I find myself making wrong assumptions sometimes. But we'll all work together to keep things on the straight and narrow.

Some links which may be helpful:

Pathfinder SRD

Traits

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Perfect, BAJ!!! My PC already conforms to those guidelines.

I'll just have to update the background to fit with the background of the adventure.

Excellent, Rhun!

To that end, let me introduce you to Anundr's suggested mentor.

[sblock]
Braggar Ironhame is one of the two blacksmiths that service Kassen. This dour dwarf runs a small business on the south side of town. Although he is outpaced by his competitor (Renet’s Steel, near the town square), Braggar’s goods are of higher quality. Braggar is a surly mentor, capable of incredible fits of anger if one of his pieces is not turning out as planned. As such, he often has to spend time repairing his workshop, which only further slows down his work. Braggar’s teaching style focuses on craft and artifice, but he can also teach pupils about controlling their anger and unleashing it when the time is right.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hey BAJ, is it okay if I give Anundr 1 extra skill point at level 1 to put into Craft (Weaponsmith) for pure flavor of the background? I'll take 1 less skill point at level 2, if this is cool with you?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Hey Jack! I'm glad Fenris signed me up when he did or I might not have made it in ;)

Give me some time to peruse the thread and I'll get character ideas by tonight / tomorrow.

I love the smell of new games in the morning! :)

Rhun

First Post
I'm glad to see Fenris and Queenie in this game...since their PC's are about to die in my Ravenloft game! :devil:

Remove ads