New feats (considered for E6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aage

First Post
Exactly, the practiced feats are meant to help multiclassed casters/psions to keep up their damage and such... Good feats for fighter-mages though...
Wouldn't really break E6 IMO, because even though the 2nd level sorcerer can cast her spells at CL 6, she's still stuck with first level spells...

Dragonblade275

First Post
rycanada said:
Revised reqs based on an earlier idea:

Stone to Flesh
Prerequisites: 6th level, ability to cast 3rd-level arcane spells, Intelligence 18, Craft (Alchemy) 9 ranks.
Benefit: You can use stone to flesh, as the spell (paying the material component costs), with a casting time of 1 day.
I like the added skill ranks requirement. Skill ranks should be a requirement whenever possible when it comes to feats like this that grant the power to cast spells normally outside the E6 d20 System. I can't help but think that Spellcraft should be a requirement, too.

Dragonblade275

First Post
Aage said:
Exactly, the practiced feats are meant to help multiclassed casters/psions to keep up their damage and such... Good feats for fighter-mages though...
Wouldn't really break E6 IMO, because even though the 2nd level sorcerer can cast her spells at CL 6, she's still stuck with first level spells...
I agree.

Khuxan

First Post
First-level spells have a max. damage cap of 5d# anyway, so Caster Training is in no way better than Practiced Spellcaster. I should mention that it only improves your caster level in one class, though.

Aage

First Post
In the interest of giving fighters something since their feats are less special in E6, may I suggest something along the lines of...

Tactical Adept [General]
Prerequisites: Fighter6; Improved Disarm, Improved Trip or Improved feint
Benefit: The bonus on trip, feint and disarm attempt granted by improved trip, improved feint and improved disarm is increased to +6
Special: If you have more than one of the prerequisite feats, this feat applies to all of them

Brute fighting [General]
Prerequisites: Fighter6; Improved Bull Rush, Improved Sunder or Improved Overrun
Benefit: The bonus on bull rush, overrun and sunder attempt granted by improved bull rush, improved overrun and improved sunder is increased to +6
Special: If you have more than one of the prerequisite feats, this feat applies to all of them

Flynn

First Post
Instead of feats that grant access to higher level spells, would you consider perhaps using Incantations (from Unearthed Arcana) instead?
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/incantations.htm

You may have to tinker with the DCs a bit, but all told, it's a solution that promotes adventures and quests, the incantation rituals can be given as part of the treasure, it works well with "lower level" casters, and it just has great flavor. At least, that's my opinion. YMMV, of course.

With Regards,
Flynn

Aage

First Post
This is a feat I consider useful for encouraging rogue to take that last level, instead of multiclassing rogue5/whatever1

Special Ability [General, Epic]
Prerequisite: Rogue6
Benefit: You can learn one rogue special ability.
Special: This feat may be taken only once.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Restoration exists primarily to remove negative levels, right?

Why not just fix the source of the problem -- negative levels never become permanent, instead, you make a new save every day until you finally get rid of them.

Same thing for ability drain -- make it a daily save to remove a point.

Cheers, -- N

Aage

First Post
Nifft said:
Restoration exists primarily to remove negative levels, right?

Why not just fix the source of the problem -- negative levels never become permanent, instead, you make a new save every day until you finally get rid of them.

Same thing for ability drain -- make it a daily save to remove a point.

Cheers, -- N

Interesting, any idea on something similar for petrification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads