• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upper_Krust said:
Hi SokenzanMarauder dude! :)
Heya! :D

Well I think I should be able to include both pdfs in a zip file, so the updating process would be the same. Does that sound okay?
Very good idea, oddly enough I never even thought of that. :p

Well I need to start putting together a list of all the things rules that people want further clarified/revised. That should probably be a thread on its own.
If you did that it'd definately make things much easier, you probably wouldn't even have to compile it as it'd all be 'right there.'

Regards,
-Gene

Phantom Llama

First Post
From the 'fix this' thread, which should probably remain uncluttered by discussion:

Pssthpok said:
Skills are suddenly Dex?
The Skill portfolio is essentially the Dexterity portfolio, yes. It presumably pertains to physical skills like juggling, acrobatics etcetera rather than 'talent' in general, which would be a very broad portfolio. I think it's poorly-named too, but I can't think of a better term yet. As for the Con penalty, the lightning-fast person who can't take any hits that manage to land is a very strong archetype, which seems to be what the stat penalties are based on.

I think the text suffers somewhat from the decision to set all portfolios in opposed pairs, leading to odd oppositions like Knowledge/Secrets (this one led to another of your complaints) or Science/Magic.

Yea the Knowledge vs Secrets thing is a bit odd.
Science vs Magic I can understand.
As for Death/Undeath; I can see it going both ways; Perhaps the Death domain should just be unable to boost constitution with magic items (Single), or Penalty (double)?

Pssthpok

First Post
If skills are Dex, why is it opposed by Luck?

It makes no sense.

Lucky people aren't be default clumsy, nor vice-versa.

Hi Pssthpok mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
If skills are Dex, why is it opposed by Luck?

It makes no sense.

Lucky people aren't be default clumsy, nor vice-versa.

Luck assumes you rely on luck rather than skill to succeed.

Someone with the Skill portfolio might comment "When you are this good you don't need luck." ;)

WarDragon

First Post
Upper_Krust,

I had an idea for a new subset of the [Effect] divine abilities; Infusion. This ability would apply the effect to either a deity's damaging spells, or spell-like abilities, or one supernatural ability. I'm wondering if this would be balanced, and if so, what HD percentage it should be. Here's a breakdown of what it would do:

If the base is 1/32...
A 45 HD Lesser Deity with Superior Energy Infusion would deal an extra 4d6 energy damage with every damaging spell.
A 65 HD Intermediate Deity with Energy Mastery (Perfect Infusion) would deal 8d6 extra damage.
A 90 HD Greater Deity with Energy Mastery would deal an extra 11d6; a little better than Empowering a spell twice that normally caps at 10d6.

If the base is 1/16...
A 45 HD Lesser Deity with Superior Energy Infusion would deal an extra 8d6 energy damage with every damaging spell.
A 65 HD Intermediate Deity with Energy Mastery (Perfect Infusion) would deal 16d6 extra damage.
A 90 HD Greater Deity with Energy Mastery would deal an extra 22d6.

If the base is 1/8...
A 45 HD Lesser Deity with Superior Energy Infusion would deal an extra 16d6 energy damage with every damaging spell.
A 65 HD Intermediate Deity with Energy Mastery (Perfect Infusion) would deal 32d6 extra damage.
A 90 HD Greater Deity with Energy Mastery would deal an extra 45d6.

mercucio

First Post
U_K, can you provide some examples of Uncanny Wind Mastery. I'm working on my version of Odin and its effects seem kind of nebulous. It is supposed to be some kind of knockback effect?

Pssthpok

First Post
Update tomorrow, right?

I doubt it.

I also doubt that it will look like 10 days' worth of work, either.

See what you've done to my enthusiasm, UK. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads