• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi mercucio dude! :)

mercucio said:
How does this interact with creatures larger/smaller than the user? Do you halve/double the distance for each size category difference between the user and the target?

You halve the damage for each size category above medium, doubled for below that.

You also halve the damage against a flying target.

mercucio said:
Also what about a variant the flayed the flesh of/eroded a foe's bones to dust?

Cool idea...although sounds a bit like Atomic [Effect].

Anabstercorian

First Post
paradox42 said:
I think it might be worth mentioning, at this point, the fact that Exalted has several Charms and Sorceries that could be used for Divine abilities in the IH system, though obviously copyright issues would prevent UK himself from publishing them. This note about the Weapon [Effect], which I suspect would be something akin to a shower of shurikens or the like out of a wuxia film (correct, UK?), reminds me immediately of the Death of Obsidian Butterflies, which is one of the lowest "level" attack spells in Exalted. It basically creates a football-field-sized cloud of butterflies literally made of obsidian, volcanic glass, that just whirl and fly around at high speed and shred everything in the area.

I think I'll start a thread for this.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I'm glad everyone liked those divine abilities. Perhaps Krusty would be interested in adding them to his book. I certainly give full consent with no strings attached. Afterall, Krusty has provided me with hours of entertainment. Contributing is the least I can do.

Mayhaps I should take requests for additional divine abilities?

As for the wording "AS a" ect. That could apply as an alternative wording. As it stands, the two feats are mean to work in unison for a particular deity of mine. Though this new wording would also be appropriate for certain characters. Particularly The King in Yellow. Perhaps it could be reworded to include both as options for more flexibility.

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
This reminds me...

1. When is the next update?

2. When is the next book of monsters to begin?

3. Where the hell did Fecundity go?

4. Where the hell did Unbridled Magic go?

5. Are the divine templates going to include the following notations...(Ex) and (Su)?

6. Are the divine templates going to be given a nice airbrushing? They still contain some errata. Particularly the description of the Elder deity. "Each is the personification of . Elderones go by the esoteric name of daitya, which implies giant god, a reference to the fact their minimum size is restricted." - Personification of?

7. Are you going to do the Hellraiser beasties?

8. Iron Man...what stature equivalent would he currently be? I now it's all the suit's doing, but...he has fought demigods and won.

:):):)

Last edited:

dante58701, I think I can answer #4...
In light of an infinitely scaling metamagic system, having the base spells scale infinitely makes magic way too powerful. Do some math with both, and you would quickly find mortal mages could 1-shot Time lords with Magic missile. (Well, maybe not time lords, but the damage with both is astronomical; things like Fireball would be ridiculous)
I think it was simpler to go with the Meta-magic over continued spell scaling; Metamagic allows one to make their spells 'scale infinitely' in any aspect they choose. (range, duration, area, damage) even if the original didn't. Plus, the scaling is really controlled. I.E: you know how much bang for you buck you are getting with each application of metamagic, so its easier to use, and slightly less insane.

Hey guys! :)

I just updated.

Hi Pssthpok mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
T-minus 120 minutes, UK.

How are Portfolios looking?

Better, but still not totally finished, however I hope I have enough else to keep you distracted while I get them done. :uhoh:

I am now 5 pages + wonky portfolios + errata from having the text done. Of those missing 5 pages they are all half finished or better. So the biggest bugbear is just getting the portfolios totally finished which is such a grind.

Incidently I mentioned on the website that I had a new epic spell for stealing divinity - I did, but I couldn't get it to work off the Divine Ascension epic spell table (you'll know what I mean when you see it) so I may need to make a new table for this new spell, but I am not sure where I can fit that in.

Hey dante dude! :)

dante58701 said:
This reminds me...

1. When is the next update?

About 10 minutes ago.

dante58701 said:
2. When is the next book of monsters to begin?

Which one, Gods & Monsters or Epic Bestiary Volume II?

Gods & Monsters will be the Appendices of Ascension. But I am going to add some monsters and a section on Pantheon building.

I was thinking maybe they would all be Pantheon based monsters, but I may bend a few rules. ;)

I will probably add the Serpentine (Epic) Dragon because a mate always keeps asking for Typhon. However I am open to suggestions for most of the other monsters.

dante58701 said:
3. Where the hell did Fecundity go?

Never liked it...and I can't for one minute believe you would ever have a character take that ability. :p

dante58701 said:
4. Where the hell did Unbridled Magic go?

Ltheb was kind enough to answer this. I tried to keep Unbridled Magic balanced but to no avail. Sorry.

dante58701 said:
5. Are the divine templates going to include the following notations...(Ex) and (Su)?

Yes....eventually. :eek:

dante58701 said:
6. Are the divine templates going to be given a nice airbrushing? They still contain some errata. Particularly the description of the Elder deity. "Each is the personification of . Elderones go by the esoteric name of daitya, which implies giant god, a reference to the fact their minimum size is restricted." - Personification of?

If you find any errata list it in the Upper_Krust Fix This thread.

dante58701 said:
7. Are you going to do the Hellraiser beasties?

Maybe - or would they just be Advanced Kytons?

dante58701 said:
8. Iron Man...what stature equivalent would he currently be? I now it's all the suit's doing, but...he has fought demigods and won.

Whatt demigods has he fought and won against?

He did recently gain a power up, but at best hes Class 100 now. So hes still weaker than Thor, Sentry etc.

So I think that would make him a Demi-god equivalent with the new power-up.

Although you have to wonder how his technology makes him so powerful when races 1000s of years more advanced can't make armour as good. :D

U_K!
Update looks great.
Just a minor suggestion. (Ill list it in the 'fix this' thread soon) For the resonance section, certain parts need to be more specific:
[sblock]1 - 'Apertures contain 1 Qp per year of existence.' You reference another table, but just saying this flat out makes the aperture a lot easier to understand. (And reduces complications for characters with quintessence from multiple sources)
2 - It might be best to note whether the 'multiple creatures bonding to an aperture' clause applies to creatures bond all at once, or if one creature bonds with it, leaves, and then another does so as well.
3 - Under Soul Objects, and destroying them. It isn't clear what their weaknesses are. They are related to portfolio weaknesses, but how? :confused:[/sblock]
Apertures are pretty cool. (note to self: find a 10-quadrillion year old aperture and become a time lord) And the rest of the section is just all-around sweet. Your fix for Thelemic effect was pretty simple yet effective.
Oh, and jeeze, the Double Sword portfolio is Ultra-Strong. I eagerly await someone to throw together stats for Dr. Swordopolis. (8-bit Theater reference :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads