• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NEW Immortals Handbook - Ascension thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
LOL!!!

New question...I know STACKING the divine templates over existing dragons would be inappropriate since they already include some of the template mechanics. Unless these abilities are all intended to be purely racial.

But what about OVERLAPPING...kinda adding the divine templates...then tweaking ever o slightly to fill in the holes since a lot of divine abilities were not incorporated into the dragons but were later incorporated into the gods.

The dragons are missing a lot of abilities, but stacking the divine template would make them too powerful. So I was thinking an overlapping might be more amenable.

In particular the Night Dragon has this problem. As a great wyrm is has a severe lack of abilities that a Divine Rank 60 dragon should have. Perhaps an errata file to cover these issues?

Oh...I know you told me...but the Abiding ability...I forgot what it's for and exactly what it does. :)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Ok...this is my revised LeShay...although it needs work. Advice, Critiques, Ideas?

Leshay
Medium Fey (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 50d6+650 (825 hp)
Initiative: +21 (+17 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 40 ft.
Armor Class: 45 (+17 Dex, +6 insight, +12 natural armor), touch 33, flat-footed 42
Base Attack/Grapple: +25/+30
Attack: +30 brilliant energy keen unerring bastard sword +73 melee (1d10+35/17-20)
Full Attack: 2 +30 brilliant energy keen unerring bastard swords +73/+68/+63/+58 melee (1d10+35/17-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Gaze, leShay weapons, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 25/cold iron and epic, elf traits, fast healing 25, immune to poison and disease, low-light vision, spell resistance 60, superior two-weapon fighting
Saves: Fort +29, Ref +44, Will +35
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 45, Con 37, Int 33, Wis 23, Cha 47
Skills: Bluff +71, Concentration +66, Diplomacy +77, Disguise +71, Escape Artist +70, Gather Information +24, Hide +70, Intimidate +24, Jump +5, Knowledge (local, nature) +59, Listen +59, Move Silently +70, Search +59, Speak Language (any five), Spot +59
Feats: Blind-Fight, Cleave, Dodge, Combat Expertise, Improved Critical (leShay weapon), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Mobility, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Spring Attack, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (leShay weapon), Whirlwind Attack
Epic Feats: Blinding Speed, Polyglot, Spell Stowaway (heal)
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 30
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Any
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +45

A leshay's natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Combat

Elf Traits: Immune to magic sleep spells and effects; +2 racial bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells or effects; low-light vision (can see twice as far as a human in low-light conditions); entitled to a Search check when within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door as though actively looking for it; Martial Weapon Proficiency (composite longbow, composite shortbow, longbow, longsword, and rapier) as bonus feats; +2 racial bonus on Listen, Spot, and Search checks (already figured into the statistics given above).

Gaze (Su): All creatures within 30 feet who meet the gaze of a leShay become affected as if by charm monster. A Will save (DC 53) negates the effect. Each opponent within range of a gaze attack must attempt a saving throw each round at the beginning of his or her turn in the initiative order. A leShay can also actively gaze as an attack action by choosing a target within range, who must then attempt a saving throw. LeShay are immune to their own gaze. The DC is Charisma-based.

LeShay Weapons (Su): Each leShay carries two personal melee weapons that he or she manifests from his or her own life essence. The weapon can change form as he or she desires, typically appearing as a bastard sword (one in each hand). When not in combat, the weapons simply do not exist, but leShay can 'draw' their weapons from nowhere as a free action. LeShay weapons are considered light weapons for a leShay, regardless of their size.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will-alter self, detect thoughts, displacement, freedom, greater dispel magic, heal, greater invisibility, knock, speak with plants, spell turning, greater teleport, water breathing. Caster level 50th; save DC 28 + spell level. The DCs are Charisma-based.

Superior Two-Weapon Fighting (Ex): A leShay fights with a leShay weapon in each hand. Because these weapons are extensions of its own body, the leShay does not take an attack or Damage penalty for attacking with two weapons.

Im intending to turn this into a deity. Though before I bother with such a monumental task I wanted to get the LeShay right.

paradox42

First Post
Ahhh! Resonance! Finally! At last I have some news on this Deal to give my player who sold his soul to Nexus. It actually will be possible for him to get out of the bargain and be able to come back from the dead again- all he needs to do is figure out how to get 1000 Quintessence (plus Nexus's likely-exorbitant interest rate of course) and pay the god off. :D

Apertures look, to me, a great deal like Epic versions of WotC's existing "Magical Location" concept- most books they've done recently have a few listed near the back. This is, of course, a good thing, since it gives us potential for the Apertures doing something other than/in addition to merely granting divinity to a creature.

Soul Objects- well, anyone want to take a stab at what Sauron's Portfolios are, now that we can look at the One Ring in a new light? :)

I am not even going to attempt to categorize Sauron or Morgoth, since I haven't read more than the Lord of the Rings Trilogy + The Hobbit. (I know, I should read the others) Someone else more authoritative can do this.

Oh, U_K, I was talking with one of my players about the update, and he wondered if, in the current game, they were to become deities. I thought about it, and since the Quintessence rules are near done, that I might use them. After some quick calculations based on the 2-session intro adventure, all of the players stand to earn 5 to 7 worship points. (Though I have some questions regarding the 'in the name of...' section, see below)

Now, the PCs have just reached level 7. (Except the minotaur, who is still paying off his ECL. I think he finishes next level) I do plan to incorporate a few Outsider encounters (will be tough opponents, sure to give a small bit of Quintessence) and I have an adventure I was just planning that, ironically, works perfectly with your aperture rules. :) I don't plan on the players gaining any divinity levels above Prophet, but only time will tell. (perhaps by the end of the game they might have enough QP to become Hero-deities; I foresee them being ~25th level by then.)

Anyways, U_K, I have a couple of questions.
1 - With the Worship Point system, at the end "in the name of..." what about characters who don't follow a specific religion/deity? (not irreverent, but either undecided or uncaring) What % of the WP do they gain?
2 - While the topic of Artifact construction is still in the works, I would guess, would it be a fair guideline (for now) that creating an artifact should require expending ~1/12th-1/24th of one's quintessence? I likely will make them undergo some quest to create even a single artifact. Something specific to the item, similar to a portfolio trial. (for true artifacts; the status of having one is good enough in my book:).)
3 - What does a Lich taste like?:lol: (assuming the negative planar shock doesnt kill or paralyze you) (Don't answer this question. Its 1 AM here, and I am quite tired and I couldn't think of a third question.)

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Updated

Mask of Darkness (Su)
Your face is concealed by a mask only you can remove.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, True Seeing.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests a (or even as a) seemingly porcelain mask that only you can remove. No other being, including those of higher divine rank, or circumstances can remove this mask. Furthermore this mask is impenetrable to all forms of discernment or divination, effectively concealing you identity. This mask also renders it's wearer impervious to all gaze attacks and effects, as well as all attacks and effects reliant upon hearing, scent, sight, and taste. Removing or replacing this mask is a free action. This mask is negated by a dead magic zone.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
serpents anyone?

Serpent [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible serpents.
Prerequisites:[Effect] Ability, Immortal.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible serpents, inflicting either +1/3 bludgeoning damage (constriction) or +1/6 bludgeoning damage, +1/6 piercing damage, and +1/6 slashing damage (bite). These serpents can be used in conjunction with the Dancing Serpents ability as they are quite real, although they only inflict damage when this is the desired effect. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Dancing Serpents (Su)
Your divine aura manifests corporeal serpents similar to chains controlled by a dancing chains spell.
Prerequisites: Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests corporeal serpents that attack and move, according to your whims, as per a dancing chains spell, inflicting either bludgeoning damage (constriction) or 1/3 bludgeoning damage, 1/3 piercing damage, and 1/3 slashing damage (bite). These serpents are indestructible. These serpents are negated by a dead magic zone.

Strife

First Post
can anyone explain to me how one makes a soul object?
maybe im missing something here...

it seems as if you can simply transfer Quintessence in to an existing artifact of yours...

so if i want to make an item that imparts 10000 QP to the wielder,
it would cost me 100000QP in the construction of said item, but do i need to spend money,
what is the market value of the item?

Ltheb Silverfrond said:

Hi Ltheb matey! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Update looks great.

I'll wait until I hear Pssthpok say those words before breaking out the champagne. ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Just a minor suggestion. (Ill list it in the 'fix this' thread soon) For the resonance section, certain parts need to be more specific:
1 - 'Apertures contain 1 Qp per year of existence.' You reference another table, but just saying this flat out makes the aperture a lot easier to understand. (And reduces complications for characters with quintessence from multiple sources)

Great idea.

Wouldn't it be 1000 QP per year though?

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
2 - It might be best to note whether the 'multiple creatures bonding to an aperture' clause applies to creatures bond all at once, or if one creature bonds with it, leaves, and then another does so as well.

Its when you have simultaneous custodians* - but I'll give the text a look over.

*Not to be confused with custurdians. :lol:

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
3 - Under Soul Objects, and destroying them. It isn't clear what their weaknesses are. They are related to portfolio weaknesses, but how? :confused:

The problem is that Soul Objects were really meant to be in the Grimoire, so you are only gettig a 'taste' of them in Ascension.

Anyone who remembers the 1st Ed. DMG knows that artifacts all had some cool method of destruction like breaking it against Tiamats Big Toe or something like that. I want to keep that sort of thing but make it a modifier rather than an absolute.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Apertures are pretty cool. (note to self: find a 10-quadrillion year old aperture and become a time lord) And the rest of the section is just all-around sweet.

I think theres a lot of mileage in those handful of pages. :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Your fix for Thelemic effect was pretty simple yet effective.

Those are the best kind of fixes in my opinion. ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, and jeeze, the Double Sword portfolio is Ultra-Strong. I eagerly await someone to throw together stats for Dr. Swordopolis. (8-bit Theater reference :))

Hey thats Thrin's portfolio so I had to let the dials go up to eleven. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads